marsvv

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
2 GCC’s female+male (currently aren’t together)
Hi so I have a well I believe 1 year old conure, (we don’t know the exact age) and her diet is mostly just a mix of seeds and a bit of pellets. And I want to make sure I could give her a better diet. Using vegetables fruits etc. I really need help and any recommendations are fine!

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
when i used to feed conures i would give them a mix of fruits and veggies, made up of corn on the cob about an (inch thick piece), grapes, lettuces, blueberries, apple (on occasion), and strawberrys.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Bird STreet Bistro (available on Amazon) is what turned my seed junkies into mash eaters. A 500 gram package has lasted my 4 birds about a month and I'm STILL going through the bag. It's not cheap tho, up here in canada. $30! It's worth it tho!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
We had a company potluck and I took some veggies home in a bag.....

THEY LOVE RED GRAPES

/drops mike

also apples and strawberries, they arwe in season now so you can get good deals.

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)

THEY LOVE RED GRAPES

/drops mike

also apples and strawberries, they arwe in season now so you can get good deals.
Yeah they do love red grapes most of all, they like the juice from them

OP
marsvv

marsvv

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
2 GCC’s female+male (currently aren’t together)

THEY LOVE RED GRAPES

/drops mike

Wait so, should I like give like a separate part of the fruits she might like and then a part of vegetables she likes daily?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Fruits are typically accepted by a lot of parrots, however, fruits are SUGAR and that equals more energy for them. If they live a pretty sedentary life, like most parrots do, that energy can manifest as being nippy or even as barbering or plucking.
Fruits can be used as a treat or training food, but an everyday 'food' - well better then seeds but....

BTW some veggies, like corn, are sugar factories too! Green leafy veggies of wide variety, and those high in Vit A are much better for them. Hot peppers are really good for them and they often love them.

Most Reactions