Question about some test...

dizzydreamerJEN

Mar 16, 2017
New York, NY
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hello, I often are you suppose to test your bird for pylyomavirus, beak & feather disease, & psittacosis?? Reason why I ask is because I'm going on vacation in May & would be boarding my sun Conure with this pet sitting small business. & they asked me for these specific things to provide, I have them but don't know how often this should be updated.
:orange:

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Any time you board him at a facility that requires it.

My birds get tested when they enter the flock, any time I have concerns, and sometimes we do random checks of the flock (roughly annually) by checking one bird, but I’m a breeder and need to be more careful than the average bird person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Curious, is the a blood test or a swab or what? Thanks

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
If your Parrot 'interacts' with other Parrots outside your home. Bird Club meetings, Pet Stores, Flight Groups, Boarding, etc...

Our Amazon provides School and Elder Care Facility presentations. We test once every 15 months as part of his Full Spectrum Blood testing, which occurs as part of that schedule.

Most Reactions

Latest posts