Questions about sleeping...

OP
birdiemomma

birdiemomma

Dec 2, 2010
California
Parrots
My Hahn's Macaw Bella <3
Antoinette, I will try hard! Usually (even if I am super quiet) she opens one eye because she senses I am there. So it is hard to get any pictures of her sleeping because she wakes up right as I am taking them so she moves. But over the next few days I will keep the camera handy and sneak in :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Antoinette, I will try hard! Usually (even if I am super quiet) she opens one eye because she senses I am there. So it is hard to get any pictures of her sleeping because she wakes up right as I am taking them so she moves. But over the next few days I will keep the camera handy and sneak in :)

I know how hard it is, early this morning I was going to try get a pic of Mishka is his favourite sleeping position............
The moment I moved the blanket that covers his cage ................. Hello mommy

danaan97

Dec 23, 2010
Parrots
i have a lovely male moustache parrot.
chaplin sleeps on one foot.
i heard it was a sign of comfort. correct me if im wrong.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Chaplin!! What a great name for a Moustached parrot!! :D

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
My parrotlet Peeps has a blue tend that's dosn't have a hard bottom. He walks inside there at night and puts head on his back and then is zomped!! lol

Kiwi has a different method. I have a tent for him that does have a hard bottom (hard as in it'll suport his weight, it's actually pretty soft, whool on the inside lol)with a cozy corner on one end. Lol! Kiwi goes to the end of that and leans into the cozy corner but perching on the tent. He looks so cute! When i'm drifting off to sleep i'll hear Kiwi chattering a little. I'll return his chatter with a cheep and he does it again, we do it to see which one falls asleep first. I usually lose but I finally won Kiwi once when I chirped like 5 times and he didn't reply. I knew he was asleep then. :)

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
chaplin sleeps on one foot.
i heard it was a sign of comfort. correct me if im wrong.

If so then Peeps is very much content when he sleeps outside of his cage next to his cozy corner.

Most Reactions

Latest posts