Re-homed Sundance to THE best owner!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
as some of you know I re-homed Sundance, the older mother hen to my chicks, to one of my customers.

without getting into specifics why, as it is mentioned on another one of my posts, the lady I re-homed her to, posted a video on fb of Sundance kissing her while perched on her shoulder.

If you knew Sundance, she has been in the breeding sector all if not most of her life, not only that she is NOT tame....until now.

Shannon has had her just two short weeks and as you can see for yourself Sundance looks very very happy.

I cannot believe she is actually perched on her shoulder, and giving kisses:eek:

I take great care when and if I re-home birds, and this is a very happy ending!!

I hope the link works, if not let me know pls. I just want to mention that I have Shannons permission to post the video :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152096269058666&set=vb.653493665&type=2&theater

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I would have to say Sundance was a hand tame bird to begin with. When some of my females are kept solitary not breeding they become sweeter. That is the reason why I prefer the girls over the boys. But a few of my boys proved me otherwise....lol....they're sweet even during breeding....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
The link isn't working for me now. :( I DID see it before on FB though and couldn't believe my eyes!

That is SO sweet, Beth! You found the PERFECT home for Sundance! :D

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I would have to say Sundance was a hand tame bird to begin with. When some of my females are kept solitary not breeding they become sweeter. That is the reason why I prefer the girls over the boys. But a few of my boys proved me otherwise....lol....they're sweet even during breeding....

Mikey I know for certain she was never tame. her previous owner lives around the corner, and she told me she got her from a breeder who had over 100 birds in one large aviary, and was bred in that aviary.

that's why this video is so amazing to me....it just goes to show you if you hook a bird up with the right person, it makes all the difference in the world.
I can tell Sundance is happy.

Imagine being the ONLY bird who is afraid of people, watching all the other birds around her getting love and affection, but she fears the owner....it's kinda sad.

now she's getting kisses, I think that's awesome!:D

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
The link isn't working for me now. :( I DID see it before on FB though and couldn't believe my eyes!

That is SO sweet, Beth! You found the PERFECT home for Sundance! :D

thanks Wendy- I was wondering if the link would work:rolleyes:

I honestly couldn't be happier for Sundance, she is such a well behaved bird.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
The link didn't work for me, but it sounds like she's very happy!!!! So glad Sundance found her perfect home :)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
ok, I'll get that fixed.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
she loaded it directly onto fb, so unless you are friends with me or her, you won't be able to view it.....darn.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is fantastic, Beth:) I am so happy that Sundance is enjoying her new home!

Girl4Jesus83

Jan 14, 2014
Broomfield, CO
Parrots
Lutino Tiel - Jake
Yellow Nape Amazon - Shoku - greatly missed!
I can only imagine how good that makes you feel and it is so happy to know that she is having the time of her life :D

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Awww, that's great! I am thrilled for you all that this has worked out so well :)

I wish all parrots owners would be as careful as you when rehoming.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
I would love to equip my birds with little camera's so I can keep an eye on them, and to ensure that the owners are taking care of my babies.....wouldn't that be something?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I wish all parrots owners would be as careful as you when rehoming.

I was :).... I'm not ashamed to say I rehomed birds and didn't ask for a penny(cause they said they couldn't pay) BUT I wanted the BEST environment for them, so it didn't matter to me. I lost thousands of $ to give these birds a better home and lifestyle than I could provide.

I know those who have been in the parrot community for a while realize that rehoming is not always a "bad thing" like newbies are 'taught' to believe. It's not just black and white!

Most Reactions