Not open for further replies.

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Parrots
Sun Conure son (with me in spirit);
Baby Robin (my son's reincarnation? RIP);
Red Factor Sun Conure (adopted);
Magpie (rescued as baby, returned to the wild after 1 year, 24+ years ago).
Awww. Welcome (back?) to Washington state, Phoenix! I bet the kids were thrilled. Mine love sun conures, they’re so bright and LOUD. The kids think it’s hilarious.
Almost everything about sun conures would heal my heart and make me happy.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
So last night I broke down and called my daughter to see if she could take Phoenix. I didn't want to bother her with this as she has two kids and six budgies already. But after all the stress of trying to figure out a flight that would work I went ahead and called her.

Phoenix and I left at 7am for Spokane Washington. The trip was uneventful, so we're the introductions. It was like he was her bird all along. As soon as I opened his travel cage door her flew over and landed on my daughters shoulder and started talking to her.
Oh Jexnell, how wonderful that your daughter was able to help Phoenix and you! I can't begin to imagine how bittersweet this must be for you, but it must be such a relief to have found this solution. Sending my love and very best wishes to all of you!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am happy you were able to find a great home for Phoenix. The bonus to this is if you move to a different place in a year that allows birds… Phoenix can always come back. I’m sure he will be happy to see you each time you come to visit 😊

Squiggles:D

Jul 18, 2022
Parrots
Squiggles (about half a year old)
Black capped conure
I also wouldn't need a cage, or anything. I already have a spare cage. My hopes would be that they'd share a cage eventually.

Does anyone know how much shipping a bird costs, or how that works?

Does anyone know how to not have baby conures in this situation? I am by no means a baby parrot expert, and wouldn't want to breed them.
For me, i got squiggles my conure shipped to me from about 1400km away. He was in a wooden box with mesh a perch and food and water which was hand made by his breeder and was screwed shut. it cost about $100 and he was fine

Squiggles:D

Jul 18, 2022
Parrots
Squiggles (about half a year old)
Black capped conure
Oh Jexnell, how wonderful that your daughter was able to help Phoenix and you! I can't begin to imagine how bittersweet this must be for you, but it must be such a relief to have found this solution. Sending my love and very best wishes to all of you!
So last night I broke down and called my daughter to see if she could take Phoenix. I didn't want to bother her with this as she has two kids and six budgies already. But after all the stress of trying to figure out a flight that would work I went ahead and called her.

Phoenix and I left at 7am for Spokane Washington. The trip was uneventful, so we're the introductions. It was like he was her bird all along. As soon as I opened his travel cage door her flew over and landed on my daughters shoulder and started talking to her.
Congrats! It would be a huge relief, especially with someone you can trust and still visit

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so glad you reached out to your daughter! This is a win/win all around and I'm really happy for you all.

Would you like me to close this thread now @Jexnell ?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so happy that this thread had such a wonderful resolution:)
This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts