Not open for further replies.

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Sadly I must rehome my beautiful young Sun Conure Phoenix.
I got him in July of 2019. He was just 10 weeks old when I started seeing him daily at Parrot Perch in Vancouver Washington. I brought him home at 17weeks. Been with me since.
Last August we got forced out of our apartment due to a $500 rent increase. We were homeless living in my SUV for three months. Then got into a homeless hotel until I got help from a couple veterans organizations and got a new apartment. Been in the new apartment since March and already got two noise complaints. I can't afford to move again as I am a twice over cancer survivor just barely getting by on Social Security Disability.

Phoenix is a three year old male Sun Conure. He is DNA tested. He comes with a Prevue Park Plaza cage and a Prevue travel cage, toys and food included.

Phoenix will step up without even asking. That is the extent of the training I have done. He is flighted and is an excellent flyer. He spends the whole day out of his cage mostly on or near me.
20220708_130017.jpg
20220607_164449.jpg
20220607_154322.jpg

I live in Portland Oregon. I can deliver if you pay for the gas used.

Asking $500 Rehoming fee

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh no! I'm so sorry that you have to rehome Phoenix, I can't imagine how difficult this is for you.
I hope you find the perfect family for him, and again, I'm so sorry that you have to do this. Sending massive hugs to you as well.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh @Jexnell I'm so sorry to read this today, I can only imagine what a heartbreaking decision this has been for you and you have my every sympathy. I wish you could ship Phoenix over here to me! Sending you love and hugs, and blessings for the best possible outcome for Phoenix and for you 🙏

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Oh I am so sorry you need to rehome him. I hope you find a good home for Phoenix... have you checked at local resues if anyone is willing to adopt a bird? In the case that no-one else wants to?

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I would certainly like to look into adopting phoenix but the shipping thing scares me. I'm not sure if that is safe. I also have no experience with baby parrots, and would prefer not to breed my jenday who is a dna sexed female. I just want to make her a friend, and make sure she doesn't get lonely.

Last edited:
OP
Jexnell

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Oh I am so sorry you need to rehome him. I hope you find a good home for Phoenix... have you checked at local resues if anyone is willing to adopt a bird? In the case that no-one else wants to?
I just started the process. I thought this place would be the best place to start, hoping a true bird lover would take him in. If no luck here there are two bird only stores near me, they will be the next step.

OP
Jexnell

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
I would certainly like to look into adopting phoenix but the shipping thing scares me. I'm not sure if that is safe. I also have no experience with baby parrots, and would prefer not to breed my jenday who is a dna sexed one. I just want to make her a friend, and make sure she doesn't get lonely.
I know in the fish trade they do a lot of overnight airport to airport shipping. I don't see why a bird in a airline approved lockable door cat carrier can't be used to do the same thing.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I also wouldn't need a cage, or anything. I already have a spare cage. My hopes would be that they'd share a cage eventually.

Does anyone know how much shipping a bird costs, or how that works?

Does anyone know how to not have baby conures in this situation? I am by no means a baby parrot expert, and wouldn't want to breed them.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I do live about 45 minutes from Minneapolis St. Paul which has a major airport.

OP
Jexnell

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Is your Jenday a female?
Phoenix is DNA tested male.
I will be looking into the shipping cost and such this morning

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I’m in the Seattle, WA area. I’m not looking for a new bird myself (although your conure is unspeakably adorable!!) but I know conures are very popular, I could try asking around to see if any of my local bird folks would be interested in adopting one?

If things work out with kme3388 I suspect that will be unnecessary, just let me know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts