Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you all for the kind words and support. it blows my mind that my brother had enough influence here to be worthy of a forum sticky.

Once I get back home full time and bring Jim's kids home from animal control, I will be starting down a path that Jim had traveled for over 30 years. I will be the noob parrot owner who would be asking people like Jim for advice. Funny how life comes around full circle and I will be benefitting from the experience of those who Jim helped.

Life goes on.

Dave
Dave, this is such a beautiful post. I'm so glad that you are going to stay, I know how much Jim would love that.
We are here for you in whatever you may need. You are our family now.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Good idea, Terry!

I miss him, too, and so do my "associates"...

Rb TALK.jpg

"Me, too!"

Xb TALK.jpg

"Me, too!"

We love you, Jim!

:)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I will miss Jim and his stories of Amy and the Beeb's more than I can say.

Jim has helped me many times with his good advice.
It was such a shock to read Dave's unexpected post that it has taken me this long to come to grips with the news.

My condolences go out to Dave and all the other's that Jim's kindness has touched.

Wes

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
I always enjoyed reading Jim's posts. Sometimes they were informative and helpful, sometimes funny and entertaining. They were always worth reading. Jim was a valued member of this forum and will be sadly missed.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
In anticipation of your return home David and your picking up the Kids. Do not be surprised if they are not overly pleased to see you as Parrots and some Humans can get their Beaks out of joint!

Lots of loving you and have been missing you, etc... helps!

We are here for you David!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
In anticipation of your return home David and your picking up the Kids. Do not be surprised if they are not overly pleased to see you as Parrots and some Humans can get their Beaks out of joint!

Lots of loving you and have been missing you, etc... helps!

We are here for you David!!
Agree, after being hospitalized for a few weeks here and there mine were mad! They would act out, then want attention then act out. But settled down within a day or 2. I definitely found apologizes and explained abd talking them through everything helped.

And parrots grieve as well, so may not be their normal behavior for a couple of months

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I never really knew Jim, but I've read his posts, and I can see what a kind person he was. It's really sad when people leave earth, especially when they were so kind. Poor Amy and Beebs, I wonder how they're dealing with this stress and confusion :(

We miss you, Jim.. My condolences for David and everyone who knew Jim🫂

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I'm heartbroken to hear that this sweet, kind gentle soul is gone. Jim was one of kind and he was my friend. We hit it off very soon after I joined. He was very special and will be missed by all who knew him. My condolences to his family & Amy & Beebs. RIP my friend! 💚

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
Today was my first day home from rehab. The leg is healing great and therapy was successful. I'm living in a wheelchair and a walker until I get a prosthesis which will be a while.

As promised, I dug up a few more photos of my brother...

From 2005 -
mohum.jpg

Jim and his son James, Thanksgiving 2017 -
Mohum and Burer.JPG

Fiddling with his drones. Coincidentally(?) the company that made the drone is called Parrot.
jim and drones.JPG

You might notice that the photos have "Mohum" in the title. That was a nickname I've had for him since we were kids. (Mine is "Maylar", and only Jim called me that).

Dave

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Today was my first day home from rehab. The leg is healing great and therapy was successful. I'm living in a wheelchair and a walker until I get a prosthesis which will be a while.

As promised, I dug up a few more photos of my brother...

From 2005 -
View attachment 37432

Jim and his son James, Thanksgiving 2017 -
View attachment 37433

Fiddling with his drones. Coincidentally(?) the company that made the drone is called Parrot.
View attachment 37434

You might notice that the photos have "Mohum" in the title. That was a nickname I've had for him since we were kids. (Mine is "Maylar", and only Jim called me that).

Dave
Dave, I'm so happy that your healing is going well and that you are finally home. I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you.

Those pictures of Jim are wonderful! His son resembles him so much.
Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Look at the nice certificate that the Laney RIckman Reserve sent for Jim's nest box.
They said I'll get an update on the nest box activity in July during mating season
Nido Certificate 2022 2023 A Mueller  in MEMORY of  J Cullen .png

David its good to know you're home and recuperating. Need any thing, please let me know!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am new, and I didn’t know Jim I will admit. After reading through this thread I can tell he was a wonderful caring person who deeply wanted to help others with their parrots. It’s so rare to find people now of days that want to help people that they don’t even know, and to do good without asking for something in return. The world has lost a great person. My condolences, and thoughts are with everyone that knew him, and for his feathered friends. Jim’s brother thank you for taking his parrots in. Im not the perfect parrot owner, and I’m new at owning a larger parrot myself. If you need any help feel free to reach out. I’ll always do my best!

I’m so sorry for Jim’s loss 😢

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome home Dave, pleased you are transitioning as well as possible. Jim's absence must loom large, we're always here to chat. Thanks for the additional pics and anecdotes!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hard to believe, but life really does go on. Amy and (The) Beebs (as Jim and I called him... can't remember why!) remind us of that.
Welcome back, Maylar... nope, nope, won't try to move in on that!
xo

Last edited:

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Oh my I am totally shocked and utterly saddened. I haven’t been on the forum much lately, I was not expecting such devastating news. Jim always had such lovely things to say on my posts. And his love for his birds shone through his words.
The forum won’t be the same without him. But Indeed he’d wish us to move on and continue to talk and discuss our birds. You’ll be missed forum friend. X
Thank you David for letting us all know, I’m so happy to know you’ll be taking care of his feathers friends x

Most Reactions

Latest posts