Safe cleaners?

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
Not sure where to post this. I want to know if homemade cleaners are safe for my bird. I have a severely autistic son so I stopped using store bought chemicals a long time ago. I mostly clean with a vinegar and water mixture. But I also make a Febreeze, mostly used for matresses and furniture on occasion, and a clorox clean up, only used in the batroom.

I havent used anything but the vinegar and water since I got my Kia, because I wanted to make sure it would be safe to use. The bathroom is pretty far away from where Kia is so Im not too worried about that. When I use the homemade clorox clean up I always open windows anyway. But the furniture I occasionally spray with the homemade febreeze is in the next room from Kia.

The make up of the febreeze is water, fabric softener, and a small amout of baking soda.

Thank you!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I'm not sure on the Fabreeze. But, water and vinegar is safe. Also a bleach solution not stronger than 1 part bleach to 50 parts water can be used to disinfect cages, toys, etc. I do it once a week myself.

Most Reactions

Latest posts