Sea shanty request!

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Wrench, Steven Colbert and Jack White sang the first verse of this fantastic sea shanty ā€œThe Last of Barrettā€™s Privateersā€. I had to Google it. I love it! Have you guys done this one in your Band oā€™ Pirates?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yes we have heard this chestnut about a million times from other pirate bands. We elect to either perform very little known songs or just write our own, makes us stand out from the crowd. Same deal as "The Wellerman" which right now EVERY single pirate band is performing, even just plain old folk groups are doing it. It's like a bluegrass band performing "Dueling Banjos". Or a rock band playing "Stairway to Heaven" - playing that in a Guitar Center will get you kicked out!

Some of our own songs have been picked up by other bands, not that we ever get a penny in royalties! Its like a comedian telling a really good joke - pretty soon they are all telling it.

OP
Kentuckienne

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Well, it goes to show how little I know about the genre. Do you guys have a YouTube channel? CDs for sale or download? Concert schedule?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
That makes sense as I never saw you as a performer in just another pirate bands. Yaaa, any CD with Salty on the jacket cover?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yep, here is our channel, where you can hear almost every one of our 9 albums ( one is all XXX rated music, aptly called just "X".)

The Brigands

Who are The Brigands: Meet The Brigands

Salty, unfortunately is not on a cover, however he does SQUAWK on one song!

Last edited:

Most Reactions