Sneezing at night with nasal and eye discharge

Alex11

Jan 30, 2024
Parrots
Alexandrine
My 5 years old alexandrine parrot who had this same problem that I am going to explain below last year in the month of April
Last night again after a year I saw him sneezing and there was some nasal and eye discharge too last year he got treated with antibiotics (doxycycline -45 days and vitamin supplements) and for a whole year he acted fine but only last night he showed this issue again and it usually happens around either at night or early at 5-6 am .he eats well drinks properly and is playful and happy bird .his diet includes Harrison adult lifetime coarse veggie chop occasionally some fruits and in his chop I add some flaxseeds chia seeds pumpkin seeds star anise for some added benefits he has toys to play with all over he acts fine except this particular problem

I m very confused regarding this. I am from India and here we don't have easy access to avain vet services so please suggest me something

Thank you!!
1000023891.jpg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Nasal infections can be very stubborn sometimes. And the only cure for it is to re-treat with the same medicines. Good luck!

OP
A

Alex11

Jan 30, 2024
Parrots
Alexandrine
Thank you for replying 😊 and also that medication was given for 45 days so should I do the same now?

OP
A

Alex11

Jan 30, 2024
Parrots
Alexandrine
Update:- today he has not shown any problem and is normal so I guess it was either due to dryness in air or irritation from dust of wood he was chewing.thanks to all for sharing your thoughts on this and helping me 🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts