So Hard To Say Goodby

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
I'm so sorry for your loss , at least she knew she was finally loved with you in your home. This made me terribly sad to read.

Wings high! Zeke and you will meet again at the bridge.

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Allee, I am so sorry to hear about little Zeke Beak.

She was an adorable little Quaker and she could not have found a more loving family to join. I am in tears here sitting reading this wonderful tribute to Zeke and I feel so heartbroken for you and your family.

Fly free little Zeke. You will forever be in the hearts of those that loved you and that you touched in the time you had on this earth.

Many hugs and thoughts for you Allee and the family.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
A beautiful tribute to a lovable soul. You honored her. May your heart heal and your memories last forever.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
I am so very sorry for your loss Allee! Know that you gave Zeke the very best two years of life she could have ever asked for!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Deepest gratitude to all of you for the hugs and kind words, it means more than you know.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Ah, Huckleberry. I'm just seeing this. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how deeply you loved sweet Zeke, as you love all of the birds blessed enough to have become a part of your flock.

I hadn't heard before how Zeke came to be in your life. How she must have loved you for rescuing her from her former situation and showing her the kind of life she'd always deserved. A life filled with happiness and warmth. A life filled with love.

Your tribute to her in the opening post is worthy of the wonderful bird she was, the place she claimed in your heart over the past two years, and the places she's claimed in the hearts of all of us who have come to care for her while reading all of your wonderful stories. I feel as though I knew Zeke... and count myself fortunate for that fact. Thank you for sharing her beautiful spirit with all of us.

Fly free, sweet Zeke. You have quite a few feathered friends from the forum who have prepared the way and are waiting to welcome you at the bridge.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Allee, I am also just seeing this. Tears are streaming down my face after reading your beautiful tribute to Zeke. I am so glad you were there for her, loving her and easing her passing by your presence.
Zeke had a more beautiful, beloved life in the 2 years you had her than so many birds do in 30 years.
Fly free, Beautiful Zeke, you will be missed by everyone was was fortunate enough to have known you, even just through shared stories.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Doc and Terry, thank you so much for your heartfelt messages.

Doc, there is a lovely picture in my head of the forum's incredible flock waiting together to welcome my little one to the rainbow bridge.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Doc, there is a lovely picture in my head of the forum's incredible flock waiting together to welcome my little one to the rainbow bridge.

This brought tears to my eyes imagining our birds waiting there saying hi Zeke, welcome!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Allee, I'm so sorry. I feel as though I've lost a friend. You gave Zeke a good home and lots of love, and I know she had a happy life with you. It's very hard to lose a much-loved parrot. In time, you'll find comfort in your memories of Zeke.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Oh Gary, thank you. You have been a very dear friend to me and to Zeke. You were there with helpful advice from my very first post about Zeke. Your kindness means a lot to me.

I consider Ralph a good friend too, please give him a warm hello and a skritch from his buddies in Texas.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Oh my goodness, I just saw this right now. I am so, so terribly sorry that Zeke left the world so soon. It's incredible how such a small creature can take up such a huge part of our hearts and our lives, and how easy it is to let them do so. I am crying for you and your flock... it breaks my heart to see such a wonderfully enchanting bird fly over the rainbow bridge and leave the world a little darker without her presence.

All of my love and thoughts go to you and your flock, Allee. :(

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Chantal, thank you so much for your heartfelt, beautifully worded message. Zeke was enchanting and you are so right about the space they take up in our hearts. The world is a much darker place right now but she left us with so many bright memories.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Allee I know we have talked but I also wanted to say here how touched I was by your beautiful tribute to Zeke.

She was such a lovely feathered soul and I know she has given you lots of wonderful memories to hold dear but I also think about and am touched by how grateful and happy Zeke must have felt in her time with you. After all her years of neglect and indifference to find love and good food and the feeling of being cherished must have been heaven on Earth.

Thank you Allee for being such a wonderful parront. Try not to see the darkness my dear friend, the lovely bright light of Zeke will be over your shoulder always. Hugs to you and scritches to your flock.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Laura, thank you so much for your kindness and support through this. It makes all the difference to have friends that understand.

It means more than I can say to know that my sweet Zeke touched the hearts of so many kind souls and that she will be remembered with love.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I've just read your tribute, I'm so glad for little Zeke that you gave him happy days...

Most Reactions