So I caved...

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
Yesterday after my birthday dinner, I want to check out the little lady mentioned in another thread and left the place with a little girl in my carrier. She just stunning guys. She s a bit more shy than I thought she d be but hey she eats millet from my fingers trough the bars so all good. I don t expect much work will need to be done there. She eats and drinks well. We ve just had 2 real problems so far. She almost didn t sleep last night and neither did I considering I slept on tje couch so I d wake if she got a night fright. Other problem is she ll scream the moment I leave the room. Now I don t know if this is the anxiety of a new home or the actual reason of sale but Im more than willing to put in the work. Any tips on how to deal with the situation?

Currently on my phone since I don t want her waking everyone with screams haha. So forgive the typos please. Ill try to get ya ll some pics soon. We placed her in the living room for her now. Not sure about the name yet.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congratulations on your new girl:) So happy you got her and looking forward to seeing those pictures!

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
We now have a name: Kaila. She weights a whooping 105 grams, opposed to Oz's 80 lol

here are some pics =)

Kaila1.jpg

Kaila3.jpg

Kaila4.jpg

kaila2.jpg

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Kaila is a beautiful name! The pictures didn't show up, though:(

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
That's weird, I see them perfectly fine on my comp mmmhhhh... I'll have a look at that.

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
Can you see them now? Put them in trough photobucket links instead of copy pasta.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yes, I can see now and she is gorgeous! What beautiful colouring she has, no wonder you couldn't resist:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts