Sooooo Irritated Right Now!!!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Just ignore people like that

Well, pretty much everyone I have ever associated with DID NOT define themselves as "normal" and oddly enough, they all told the same stupid joke...

There are skaters, and then there are "normal people"...
There are surfers, and then there are "normal people"...
There are pilots, and then there are "normal people"...
There are skydivers, and then there are "normal people"...

Add "There are parrot owners..." to the list.

Conures skateboarding across my living room coffee table falls within my definition of "Normal." (Other folks... notsomuch...)

My downstairs (large) living room is for the birds, complete with cages, and playstands, and trees. The itty bitty living room is for people... (Large macaw cages take up a lot of room... ) Normal. (Other folks... Why would anyone do that?!)

My CAG asks me what I'm doing. And I actually take the time to explain it to him. And he seems to understand... Normal folks don't seem to understand that you have to teach them these things... [Okay, you've officially crossed over into the "lost it" department.]

Sooner or later I define my own "normal."

Let them define their normal some other way...

Just as I am responsible for my own happiness.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Sooner or later I define my own "normal."

Let them define their normal some other way...

Just as I am responsible for my own happiness.

I absolutely love your outlook on life! That is an attitude I will aspire to have.

That's the ONLY way to do it, don't you think so? I just decided I'm "normal" on my own terms and I'm perfectly happy with that! LOL Whatever other people think.

Most Reactions