Sophie and Solstice (GCCs)

thelittlelolrus

Nov 21, 2021
Parrots
Sophie, a yellow-sided green-cheeked conure
Solstice, a pineapple green-cheeked conure
Hi! I'm relatively new to conures, but I'm having a great time getting to know my green cheeks and their quirky personalities!

I acquired Sophie (a yellow-sided green-cheeked conure) about 2.5 months ago. Unfortunately, I recently found out that she has an enlarged heart, but she's getting great vet care and is on a special heart-healthy diet. She's been afraid of hands since I got her, but she gets out a lot and is starting warm up to them. Here she is on her playscape eating a Nutri-Berry. (My friend wrapped some of the bars in bird-friendly sisal rope because Sophie seems a little unsteady on the thin metal bars.)
Sophie for ParrotsForums.jpg

Solstice (a pineapple green-cheeked conure) is brand new! I got him yesterday. I don't have any good photos of him yet because I'm trying to let him acclimate for the time being, but I'll try to get some in a few days, when I start letting him explore more.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome aboard! I hope you like it here :)
Thanks for bringing home both Sophie and Solstice, Sophie is adorable! I can't wait to see Solstice after a few days!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
welcome to the forum! Sorry you have health issues in one of your babies.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks so much for joining and sharing narrative of your conure pair! May gorgeous Sophie thrive with vet guidance and heart healthy diet. Cannot wait for pics of Solstice when cooperative!!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
As someone who had a blue budgie named Solstice when I was a preteen, I’m quite partial to the name. Welcome to all of you!

Most Reactions