Specific pellet for Mini-macaw?

Weezerj

Mar 29, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Parrots
Illiger's Macaw (Loki)
I know Harrison's are highly recommended, but they have many types of pellets and I am not sure which one to get.

I am feeding Loki a chop mix I made (13 bean mix, quinoa, brown rice, whole oats, flax seed, chia seed, kale, carrots, carrot top, butternut squash, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, cilantro, jalapeños, Serrano peppers) and snap peas for treats.

He came with a macaw seed mix, but it seems he is picking out all of the safflower seeds for the most part.

So, I am feeding him the chop, but he picks thru this as well. I separated out the safflower seeds so that I can use them as rewards and want to introduce pellets.

Thanks for your help.....

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I have a severe that is doing the same!! I would also love it if some one could chime in and give advice.
All mine ate when she came to me was sunflower seeds and crack corn..no pellets. My Amazon was on a mix pellet that I got from everything about birds in oldsmar Florida. But I mix her sunflower seeds in that to Intice her a bit, some times it works other times not so much, today she hates everything but apples and brocoli .good luck.

Most Reactions