Sudden death of Green Cheek Conure

CodyJenkinss

Sep 1, 2022
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
My Fiance and I bought a green cheek back in June. We picked him up from the Bird shop at the end of June beginning of July. So he was maybe 3 months old. Always acting normal and snuggly as could be. When she got home tonight my fiance went to check him and our other bird (we have a zebra finch in a seperat cage) and found he had passed away. Little to say we are at a loss for words and have no idea what happened. I know sometimes smells or fumes from cooking can affect their health but we had them in their own room. We literally made one of our bedrooms the bird room. He looks like he looks clutched to the caged and fell into one of his food bowls. We are so saddened by his passing.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My Fiance and I bought a green cheek back in June. We picked him up from the Bird shop at the end of June beginning of July. So he was maybe 3 months old. Always acting normal and snuggly as could be. When she got home tonight my fiance went to check him and our other bird (we have a zebra finch in a seperat cage) and found he had passed away. Little to say we are at a loss for words and have no idea what happened. I know sometimes smells or fumes from cooking can affect their health but we had them in their own room. We literally made one of our bedrooms the bird room. He looks like he looks clutched to the caged and fell into one of his food bowls. We are so saddened by his passing.
Welcome to the forums, @CodyJenkinss, but I am so sorry for your loss, particularly of one so young when you should have had so very many happy loving years with your sweet little birdie to look forward to. These beautiful little ones conquer our hearts so quickly and leave such a terrible void when they are gone, irrespective of the circumstances. My most heartfelt condolences go out to you, and I wish your little one Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge – I know he will be greeted with love on the other side. 🙏🌈

Hyacinthmacawlover

Nov 8, 2022
Parrots
Dear parrot lovers. I fell was in the hospital 5 months in a coma for 2 weeks. My brother was taking care of my birds. Daley was 23 years old he died. I had him 23 years. I had a funeral at pet cemet
Dear Junior, l am so sorry for your loss. Keeping you all in my thoughts and Prayers.

dera

Sep 13, 2022
Italy
Parrots
Wizard (quaker)
I'm really sorry for your loss 💔 losing your baby so suddenly must be heart broken :cry:

Most Reactions

Latest posts