Sudden interest in my feet?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I wish I had something helpful to add, but I can confirm my buddy's 'tiel does the same thing. I always wear socks/shoes when I go over, because his love for feet is insatiable and rather inappropriate, haha.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
The other day, Rico took a liking to my feet and now he sits on my leg and sings to my toes. He has never liked nor shown interest in feet, but now he likes feet? Any clue why?
No idea why but it sounds like a cute gesture

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
No idea why but it sounds like a cute gesture
He will rush over to my leg when I prop it up, and he will treat my toes as if they are some godly artifact 😭

And he will not leave my feet alone. He will demand that I let him play peekaboo with my foot until my leg tendons are sore, or he will serenade them and perch on them nonstop to demand a round of peekaboo. It’s funny and cute but it’s so weird 💀

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I wish I had something helpful to add, but I can confirm my buddy's 'tiel does the same thing. I always wear socks/shoes when I go over, because his love for feet is insatiable and rather inappropriate, haha.
at least Rico doesn’t do that (yet)!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
He will rush over to my leg when I prop it up, and he will treat my toes as if they are some godly artifact 😭

And he will not leave my feet alone. He will demand that I let him play peekaboo with my foot until my leg tendons are sore, or he will serenade them and perch on them nonstop to demand a round of peekaboo. It’s funny and cute but it’s so weird 💀
I have two tiels, Shifty and Rocky, and i perched them on my foot one at a time. Neither of them showed any interest in my toes. Rocky calmly walked away while Shifty just perched on it and preened itself.
It just goes to show how different the characters of these individual birds are

Most Reactions

Latest posts