Suitable location for pet sitting an African grey ??

pp101

Apr 30, 2013
Hi advice would be appreciatedā€¦ā€¦ I am pet sitting an African grey for 2 weeks over the summer itā€™s in a pretty large cage and we donā€™t have room for it anywhere inside our home. We have a garage attached to the house and will probably put the cage in there. It has a light in it and is out of any drafts.
Iā€™ll try spending as much time with it in there as I canā€¦. Will this be ok for 2 weeks while it stays with us?

Are you in the northern half of the world or the southern half ? ? ?

If the garage is still used to park vehicles, no, it would not be safe.....

Hi Weco

Thank you for your response, we donā€™t ever use the garage for cars it is just used to store a few things. Im in the UK

Is "house-sitting" out of the question?

or what about a temporary cage that would fit inside your home?

There is also the tendancy to store things that are bad to breathe in garages.

Unfortunately house sitting is not an option we have too many commitments at home.
They do not have a smaller cage for him either.

I can say we don't keep anything toxic in our garage it just has empty boxes in from moving.

IMO, the garage will work fine but since the bird won't be in your view all the time you will have to be diligent to check on him frequently. Maybe even install/borrow a baby monitor?

our birds live in our attached garage... but it's our living room, so we're in there all the time. I think the biggest thing would be the heat, a garage can get HOT in the summer, we have a built in AC

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back