The Easter Birdie came to town... Folger bunny...

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Victoria put a new sock buddy on Folger today... much to his displeasure... didn't help any that we had purchased the silliest easter socks we could find...

Its the Easter Birdie or Folger Bunny :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, what a precious Easter egg Folger makes!!!! Where on earth did you find that adorable sock buddy?

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
We found the socks at Joanns, Victoria cuts them down to fit him. She also picked out an adorable pink and purple argyle plaid, so stay tuned for how angry that pattern makes him :)

The good news, he is so obsessed with getting the sock off, he does not touch a feather or his skin....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Whatever works! And he looks so stylish, Victoria does a great job with those:) Can't wait to see the plaid one too.

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
I'll try to video tape the next time one goes one... have to setup the camera, cause it usually takes both of us, but you'll be hearing me say... if his heads gets free, I'm outta here, you're on your own, he's gonna bite your butt....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! He's THE cutest Birdybunny I've EVER seen. Way to go Folger, you'll be making the REAL Easter bunny blush with your most excellent wardrobe. :D

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Folger looks so cute in his sock buddy! Like a REALLY big chick hatching out of an easter egg lol.

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Oh my gosh can you please make a video on how to make these Sock shirts I soooo need one for Loki so he will not pick at his stiches at night when we are sleeping !!!! PLEASE :)

Folger looks sooooo cute. !!

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
give us 10 minutes!!! We were using ankle socks, but this latest one was with a tall sock only because that is what the cute easter designs were in.

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
okay, obviously we're not Hollywood directors... or videographers, so feel free to laugh at our attempt of an instructional video!!! Its pretty simple, hopefully you get the idea, but if you need more help or better instruction, send me a PM and I can catch up with you facebook or chat to help walk you thru. Its really just cutting off the toe end or wherever to get the sock the length from neck to right below where wings cross on the back. We tried using Ivory as a model, but you would have thought we were brutalizing her and not just lying a sock down her back!! After getting the length cut, just cut slits into each side so you can pull the wings and legs thru. You want the legs thru too so it stays put top and belly.

and excuse Tor's messy table next to her side of the sofa... basket of birdie treats, bottles of her beloved olive oil from Spain (she puts it on salad and ice cream - yep you read it here first, orange infused olive oil on chocolate ice cream)...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RJRqjA_b7Q]YouTube[/ame]

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
That was me.... forgot to change to public when I uploaded from my phone.... try now should be good!!

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Boy what did I do to piss you off???? We will need to put a new one on tomorrow, I'll try to get video... tho it might just be us screaming and jumping around... but either way, should be enjoyable viewing for everyone :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
That is the best video I have seen in forever! I really loved the background music as well:)
I think that you both deserve an Oscar for that:)
Looking forward to tomorrow's video as well, but if you are putting it on Folger, you may have to rate it PG13 for violence:)

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
violence, blood, language....

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Ty Ty Ty Ty. That is super cute and I'm going to walmart to get super cute socks to cut all up !!!! This will help so much ,his stitches are starting to get super itchy and we are having to make sure he is watched all the time as to not pull them out. So even going to the bathroom we have Loki with us lol these shirts will be a huge help !!! Thank you both so much !

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
you are very welcome!! Hope he accepts them without much fuss. First time we put one on Folger, he was literally rolling around the floor :)

Most Reactions