The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well...

yKbK3OP.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

Errrrrmmmm.....that's less of a mask and more of a Mankini!

(Borat approves :D )

borat-2-poster-sacha-baron-cohen-slice.jpg

(Never thought we'd see the day when the Rickeybird was naughtier than Borat, yet here we are!)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My loves, my loves, my loves! How do I ever do without you? I don't! You are always held and cherished right here.

Does the Rickeybird share my sentiments? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!
At one point, I was away from him for many days (the most ever in our 30+ years together). I was of course beyond desolation in my certainty that he was grieving himself into a shivering little feathery skeleton. My ol' man assured me that the bird was eating, playing, preening, screaming and carrying on amazingly as usual. Oh, I didn't believe it, no way! Well, when I returned home, my first stop was of course the cage. Without hesitation or variation, the Rickeybird perked right up, showing off his usual healthy featheration, bright eyes and rosy pink feet, and hopped to his regular perch whereupon he always awaits his first green chile of the day, and barked "HELLO!", signalling his usual impatience with the room service. It was as if he were saying "Oh, yeah, hi, where's my pepper?" Since then? Business as usual.
Life is good.
:)

That's my boy.

Back to 2021!
XOXOXO

***********************[/I]​

Welcome back dearest Gail! My, some Roosters are petulant and food-obsessed beyond belief. The loyalty!! :D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sunshine! (More apt a nickname has never been given!) Welcome back, my dear friend! You were sorely missed! And don't let the RB's irascible manner fool you. He missed you almost as much as he misses his green chiles between servings! And that's HUGE!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Speaking of GREEN CHILES, I think it's time for me to raise my gnarly head as Scrapbook Archivist again. For those of you who are new to the ol' Scrapbook, I occasionally fulfill this role when I think that a topic merits some extra attention. Sorta like a trip down Memory Lane, looking at previous posts. Without further ado.............................................

"Green Chile Playboy"
xjmQbGY.jpg

"Green Chile Girlfriend"
dwxdaNd.jpg

"Green Chile Love Song"
Cover Your Ears
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8L1ERvkyg"]rickeybirdproductions - The Rbird romances his daily green chile - YouTube[/ame]

"Greeeeeeeeeen Chile Harem... all finished*
PWdmV2p.jpg

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
That "Green Chile Love Song" gets me every time... those lilting, heartfelt, dulcet Patagonian tones of love. Oh, my little darling dear, my own.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8L1ERvkyg"]rickeybirdproductions - The Rbird romances his daily green chile - YouTube[/ame]
What a lovely interlude!
On with the Scrapbooking!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm sure Paul McCartney wrote a song called "Chile Love Songs" didn't he??

"The Rb wants to fill the world
With Chile Love Songs,
And what's wrong with that?
I'd like to know" :) :smile015:

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
LaMartina has your Ode right here, Mr. Wrench!

Marty, I salute you. Chile Love Songs, indeed. A monumental find, and a monumntal Scrapbook addition. Thank you.

With Chile Love Songs,

https://youtu.be/ZVMA-Zot9y0

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
New Addition to the Rickeybird Scrapbook Hall of Fame.
CHILE Love Songs
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVMA-Zot9y0"]Wings - Silly Love Songs [Original 1976 Music Video + HQ Audio] - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hee hee hee, love it! Now of course I'll be running around the house singing CHILE love songs for the rest of the day. THANKS! Lol!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you, Aunty G! It's a tremendous honour to have my humble contribution to the Scrapbook elevated to such levels of monumentalness!!

I do believe that it was "Chile Love Songs" that earned Sir Paul his knighthood, and deservedly so too :)

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Well, as Archivist and all-around Scrapbook Scholar, I was floored by this amazing addition. I intend to construct an official CHILE LOVE SONG trophy which will serve as an all-purpose Reset, Reward, and/or Recognition for worthy contributions. The first one will of course go out to LaMartina as soon as I get it all Photoshopped and cutesied up. Then I'll give myself one for coming up with it!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
O Mr Rival, that's very kind of you, but a trophy is not at all necessary! The mere ability to contribute to your magnificent Scrapbook (and to leave an earworm running rampant in your brain for days on end!) is all the reward I will ever need :)

Last edited:

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
And this first edition goes out to..........................LaMartina!

PqA4pWa.png

That "Green Chile Love Song" gets me every time.
rickeybirdproductions - YouTube

With Chile Love Songs,
https://youtu.be/ZVMA-Zot9y0
Thanks to LaMartina for the video detective work!

Only available in the Rickeybird Scrapbook!​

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you Mr Rival, I am truly privileged and humbled to receive honourable mention from such a Noble and Distinguished Archivist as yourself! But you should know, of all the rare finds on the whole of the interwebz, that you Rival, your Good Lady and that rascally Rb are the rarest, and most definitely the finest find of all :smile015:

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Well, I'll be darned. I wanted to find something really cool to post, so I Googled "chile love songs, parrot" and guess what popped up.
The Scrapbook post itself!

Thank you, Rival and Marty. Good fun. Love it!

3ab8i4Y.png

PATAGONIAN VERSION
MCCARTNEY VERSION
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVMA-Zot9y0"]Wings - Silly Love Songs [Original 1976 Music Video + HQ Audio] - YouTube[/ame]​

Most Reactions