The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

Oh my word that is some scary stuff, lady. Bumble and I send all our best healing vibes your way and I hope that Rickeybird stops punishing you soon. I know how excited you must have been to see him - and then to be greeted that way! Please continue to take it easy and let yourself heal.
 
Geeze, I leave for an hour or two and ???
Am glad to see you on the mends!
Oh, fer sure, I waited until you weren't looking, boy!
Now I will have to behave myself!
 
I have been off on my own medical hiatus and just getting back from it. A medical journal of the soft tissue, male bits. Functioning much better now!

Julio still runs the place and keeps the visitors a bay.

Love your sweetheart!
Boat
I missed you and General Julio so, so much, Boatsie.
Thanks for the sweet welcome. xo
 
Oh my word that is some scary stuff, lady. Bumble and I send all our best healing vibes your way and I hope that Rickeybird stops punishing you soon. I know how excited you must have been to see him - and then to be greeted that way! Please continue to take it easy and let yourself heal.
THERE you are! I'm so happy to hear from you and the Bumble. Yeah, the Rb was never known for his sweetness or forgiveness. But at least we're SPEAKING!
 
Welcome back lovely lady!, you are always so kind and helpful to others. I'm sorry to hear what you have gone through. It must have been a very difficult time for the both of you.

Best,
Laurie Opie & Bon
Aha! So good to hear from you! Yeah, life threw me a real curve, but it seems I'm back, paying for any and all of my sins at the Rb's hands... feet... BEAK!
 
Don;t let the niceness fool you, the woman is a harridan! And the bird, the bird is worse! He will polute your parrot from 500 miles away! ANd I would gladly give either of them my left arm if they needed it! Love ya Lady!
It ain't the same without the pirate contingent weighing in and offering body parts. Wrenchie, I thought of you and your bunch... pack... crew. Yeah, crew! Argh!
-----------------------------------------------
AI Overview

A group of pirates is commonly called a crew, band, or horde.

------------------------------------------------
 
Well, the old rooster is getting calmer around me. The months he was lone (during my illness) must have been profoundly traumatic. In over 40 years, we were neve separated for over a week or so. But we're back together, and working out. Thanks for the support!
 
You're right!
And great progress. He said two words today: GAIL and MAGGOT. That's my boy!
The rest of the day were squawks and screeches when I was out of sight.
 
God bless avian vets. Our hero, and famous vet dude is Dr. Jamie Lindstrom in Ohio. He's keeping my old rooster going. Visited him today: hematocrit down from 65 (he was off his meds while I was sick) to 58. YAYYY! The Pimobendan is doing the trick. He's also on Alopurinol and Colchicin these days to manage chronic kidney issues, but he's loud and mean and destructive and horrible as ever. That's my boy... uh... geezer.
I hope all y'all are having good luck with meds and vets and such.
This is always a great place to compare notes.
 
Pimobendan's a wonderful thing, @GaleriaGila, it's working wonders for my 'tiel Fang and I'm so happy to know the Rickeybird is benefitting from it too 💝

Meanwhile I found a little something that's right up your alley! From my favourite shop that I always visit whenever I'm in Thailand, the fabulous Jim Thompson shop. Who does that look like sitting at the top of the tree?


jtpatiscarf.webp
 
They're like movie stars in sunglasses... they prefer their privacy!
 
Some folks had trouble loading that link, sooooo here it is!

AI Mode
Parrot Forums.

"The Rickeybird" is a famous Patagonian Conure (also known as a burrowing parrot) who became an internet celebrity within the avian community on the Parrot Forums. [1, 2]


Owned by a user known as GaleriaGila, the Rickeybird is remarkably long-lived. As of 2026, he is 42 years old (hatching in 1984). He lives in the Cleveland, Ohio area and is cared for by well-known avian veterinarian Dr. Jamie Lindstrom.

Key Details About The Rickeybird
  • Health Status: At 42 years old, he is considered a senior bird and manages chronic kidney issues. He currently takes medications including Pimobendan, Allopurinol, and Colchicine to maintain his health.
  • Personality: His owner affectionately describes him as "loud and mean and destructive and horrible as ever", capturing the famously feisty, highly energetic, and fiercely loyal temperament typical of Patagonian Conures.
  • Species Traits: Patagonian Conures (Cyanoliseus patagonus) are native primarily to Argentina. They are the largest of the conures, known for their distinct white eye-rings (resembling eyelashes), loud vocalizations, and a high capacity for cognitive thought and social bonding.

Would you like to know more about the care and lifespan of Patagonian Conures, or are you looking for specific stories from The Rickeybird Scrapbook?


AI can make mistakes, so double-check responses




www.parrotforums.comThe Rickeybird - 42 year old (as of 2026) Patagonian ConureSep 15, 2026 — He's also on Alopurinol and Colchicin these days to manage chronic kidney issues, but he's loud and mean and destructive and horrible as ever", capturing the famously feisty, highly energetic, and fiercely loyal temperament typical of Patagonian Conures. [1]Species Traits: Patagonian Conures (Cyanoliseus patagonus) are native primarily to Argentina. They are the largest of the conures, known for their distinct white eye-rings (resembling eyelashes), loud vocalizations, and a high capacity for cognitive thought and social bonding. [1, 2]www.parrotforums.comWhat type of parrot is this?Apr 3, 2019 — Paragonian conures: Also known as Burrowing Conures. Some call them Patties for short. Patties have eyelashes. They're primarily f...www.parrotforums.com
 

Attachments

  • 1790896263979.webp
    1790896263979.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 4
Okay the temptation was too much.
Juliette Helena Goldberry is a Lineolated Parakeet (also known as a "Linnie") who became a beloved community figure on Parrot Forums. [1]
She was brought home by her owner in August 2025. True to her breed's charming reputation, she quickly won over forum members with updates about her settling into her new home, providing "enthusiastic commentary" during family movie nights, and memorably falling asleep looking like a "furry snoozing pickle." [1]
 
Back
Top Bottom