GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thanks, LaMartina.
HRH L. Philly, likewise.
We've got this... you, me, Rb, LPhil, all of us... let there be peace on Planet PF!

screen.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Aaaa, Planet PF!! One of the only places that RB and Julio can be found discussing how to quickly transition RB from the clutches of evil darkness to the joy of overlooking Amsterdam Old Town Plaza enjoying an excellent meal while plotting a midnight flight to...
The intrigue of Planet PF can be found within the Threats, it only requires a willness to search a little...

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I just posted this poem in a thread by a new member who is coping with the loss of a treasured bird, and I thought it suited some of our recent Scrapbook events concerning the Rickeybird's advancing age and medical issues. I wrote it a little while back. It still soothes me to read it.

Old Bird
Dedicated to the Rickeybird, and to Old Birds everywhere, and to the people who love them.

Old Bird. My bird. My bird, forever.
Time finds such meaning in our time together.

Mi vínculo con la Verdad (My link to the Truth).
And to Nature. And to youth.

And age.
And ages.
We have both had cages...
Of work and wages, loss and rages, dark back stages.
But we've turned the pages.

We've cut through the mystery.
Of life, love and history.
For us, it's just chemistry.

This morning, you greeted the dawn with your usual screams. Animation, jubilation, exultation!
Mid-day, I caught you in an unexpected nap. It's late afternoon now. Need another quick rest, my little rooster?

Someday our play here will draw closed its curtain.
We'll stay together, though. Somehow I'm certain.

That's what Eternity's for!

Old Bird. My Bird. My Bird Forever.

I love you, Rickeybird

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmmm, likely should have been posted here first after all with Rickeybird visiting this Thread comes first. And after all, with Rickeybird it is all about him and him first. With hope, he will see it as doing something for another and all will be forgiven. Fingers Cross and away from chewing.

Wonderful Poem Dearhreart!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I got yer pretty eyes right here, Cottonsy-wottonsy, meet me at back window wif green chileez an bus ticket to Patagonia, we go partyin, Sailboat you bring yer own girl.

eyes.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I got yer pretty eyes right here, Cottonsy-wottonsy, meet me at back window wif green chileez an bus ticket to Patagonia, we go partyin, Sailboat you bring yer own girl.

View attachment 43972
Oh purleeeeezze Aunty G, can I get a ticket on that "Magic Bus" to Patagonia too?? I got your perfect party muzak for the ride right here!!

Trippin' on down to Patagonia with The Rickeybird, it don't get no better than that!! 🤩🤩🤩

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Oh, mannnnnnnnnnnnn, now there is a fun idea for a thread, or a few posts...
A Cheesecake Calendar... of sexy hens... or hey, why not "The Roosters of PF" with buff boy-birds posing and flexing?
Okay, somebody should do that. Anybody? Go ahead?
I will slack around and maybe give it a try this weekend.
I mean... THAT would be some funny stuff right there!

Most Reactions