The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

Come a-listen to a story ‘bout the man named Rival
A suffering’ soul just a-struggling for survival
‘Cause one fine day he met that Abigail,
And the rest of his life turned to smoldering hell.
Black doom. Sargasso Sea.

Well the next thing you know, old Rjval got a bite
From the dinosaur with feathers who eats chilis in the night
He said, more bandaids is the thing I really need,
Cause that gol-darned bird really wants to make me bleed.
Red blood. Arterial.

And now it’s time to say goodbye to Rival and his woes.
His eardrums shattered, and last nerve about to go.
You’re all invited back next week to this forum to see
When the Rickeybird schemes up some new indignity.
Poop. Buttfeathers.
Y’all duck fast, hear?
As always: sheer brilliance. I celebrate you. You lift me up with your charm and intelligence.
 
Hello, hello, hello!
I'm back from a sudden and extended illness. I do feel a bit of an obligation to explain: suffice to say, I had an infection which went septic, made me unable to walk, and landed me in and out of critical care and then rehab. I'm home now for good, walking, going about my business and feeling good. I've missed this place, and all of you, SO MUCH. I apologize sincerely for not getting word to you... it was a rough time.
My only complaint? My darling demon, The Rickeybird, was terribly traumatized by my absences and related problems. When I came home to stay, he was greeting me with screams and aggression and refusal to let me touch him. Heartbreaking, but understandable. He has been with me since he was a chick, is now 42 years old, and must have suffered terribly without me. Wellllllll, I have a lot of making-up to do, and I'm working on it. He now lets me stroke his back; he takes treats from my hand; he has occasionally called out "Gail!". We'll get there. Here's a photo of us. "G" is Gail and "TR" is The Rickeybird.
HELLO, HELLO, HELLO!!!
 

Attachments

  • PF photo.webp
    PF photo.webp
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,012
Hello, hello, hello!
I'm back from a sudden and extended illness. I do feel a bit of an obligation to explain: suffice to say, I had an infection which went septic, made me unable to walk, and landed me in and out of critical care and then rehab. I'm home now for good, walking, going about my business and feeling good. I've missed this place, and all of you, SO MUCH. I apologize sincerely for not getting word to you... it was a rough time.
My only complaint? My darling demon, The Rickeybird, was terribly traumatized by my absences and related problems. When I came home to stay, he was greeting me with screams and aggression and refusal to let me touch him. Heartbreaking, but understandable. He has been with me since he was a chick, is now 42 years old, and must have suffered terribly without me. Wellllllll, I have a lot of making-up to do, and I'm working on it. He now lets me stroke his back; he takes treats from my hand; he has occasionally called out "Gail!". We'll get there. Here's a photo of us. "G" is Gail and "TR" is The Rickeybird.
HELLO, HELLO, HELLO!!!
Oh Aunty G, I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill but I am SO happy to see you and that rascally Rickeybird are back - we missed yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
 
Glad you're back, hun! Hospital stays suck. When I got an infection almost 20 yrs ago, I was in the hospital for 3 weeks. Almost went bonkers. Especially the last week and a bit, when they said, 'you can go home tomorrow'... and they kept changing their minds. UGH.


Once again, glad yer home, and soon the Rickybird will forgive ya. I hope so anyway. Birds are wee stinkers, LOL!
 
My newest bird Cheddar was just confirmed to be of the female persuasion.
I think she would get the Ricky birds blood flowing.
Just look at that coy over the shoulder look.
IMG_1892.webp
 
So glad to hear from you. I was very worried and anxious but hesitant to inquire.
I've been through the sepsis thing and it's a real bear. Took me a long time to get back to what passes for normal.
Don't push it too fast.
Missed you all.
 
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Gail, I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back! I'm so sorry to hear all you've had to deal with, but you're here now, and that's a beautiful thing :)
 
La Manuka, you little down-under sweetheart, I missed your endless enthusiasm, support, and encouragement. The old roosters (Rb and Kirby) are getting used to me being around the house and providing the supervision they missed!! Uh-huh. I wish you and your flock a gushy howdy. I hope they (and your hubby's follicles) are well! XO
Tex, thanks for the greeting. You and I go way back, huh? Rb will be a perfect staring match for your Cheddar. Too bad their romance will have to be online. Feathers only!
GiveMeFlesh, hello, hello again and thanks for welcoming me AND the old rooster (the feathered one) with such promising possibilities. My non-feathered old rooster, Kirby has been teasing that the Rb has been courting online hens in my absence. Infidel! Both of them.
Vampiric, stinkers they are. I have gone from heartache to fury to pity to heartache again. MAN, is he holding a grudge. But yep, we're working it out.
Wrenchie, heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, dude, whassup?? I have missed your posts and pics, and I am happy to say that my insane jealousy of your gentlemanly, accomplished Salty STILL does not diminish my affection for you both. Howdy to the Lady of the house, too.
Tired Old Tom, ol' buddy. Thanks and thanks for your welcome back. You're such am abiding and sincere friend to me, and your words always pick me up!
Saxy boy, my darling, hello again. We have shared so much of life, lore and sax (haha, I funny) over the years... I am so glad to hear from you. I wish you and your household well, and I'm grateful for the welcome back!

I love this place.
 
Hello, hello, hello!
I'm back from a sudden and extended illness. I do feel a bit of an obligation to explain: suffice to say, I had an infection which went septic, made me unable to walk, and landed me in and out of critical care and then rehab. I'm home now for good, walking, going about my business and feeling good. I've missed this place, and all of you, SO MUCH. I apologize sincerely for not getting word to you... it was a rough time.
My only complaint? My darling demon, The Rickeybird, was terribly traumatized by my absences and related problems. When I came home to stay, he was greeting me with screams and aggression and refusal to let me touch him. Heartbreaking, but understandable. He has been with me since he was a chick, is now 42 years old, and must have suffered terribly without me. Wellllllll, I have a lot of making-up to do, and I'm working on it. He now lets me stroke his back; he takes treats from my hand; he has occasionally called out "Gail!". We'll get there. Here's a photo of us. "G" is Gail and "TR" is The Rickeybird.
HELLO, HELLO, HELLO!!!
Welcome back lovely lady!, you are always so kind and helpful to others. I'm sorry to hear what you have gone through. It must have been a very difficult time for the both of you.

Best,
Laurie Opie & Bon
 
Back
Top Bottom