rmatalon

Apr 1, 2013
Sunrise Fl
Parrots
TAG
U2
Sever Macaw
Blue & Gold Macaw
Wow! Reading this almost brought a tear to my eye, and really put some things I have been going through into perspective. I wish you all the best god bless you .

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Congrats with Phoenix! He is a very beautiful macaw and I am sure he will be very happy living with your family. Your story made my heart sing and I really enjoyed reading it. Please keep us updated with Phoenix's homecoming and adjustment. I am sure he is going to be happy and healthy!

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
We went, and saw him today. Of course we brought him a bunch of almonds. If a person has a bag of almonds in their hand he'll be anyone's friend until he gets the almond lol. We took him outside the play room for a little bit today, and walked around the front of the store. He actually did good for about 15 minutes or so. He wasn't that scared or jumpy, but then he started to get shaky, and jumping when there was noise or a reflection of light through the window. My wife, and I sat down with him, and he got better for a few then he started getting real nippy, and crabby. As I stood up he started trembling, and shaking real bad getting scared. So I took him back to the play room. He was lunging for the door as we were walking to it. Once we got back in the play room he calmed down, and was trying to jump on one of the huge perches. I put him on one of the perches, and he ran down to the other end. We gave him some space just stood, and talked to him. My wife gave him a couple almonds, and a few minutes later he was back asking for your arm so he could step up. We didn't take him back out of the play room, but that was the longest he has ever been out of the play room, and that is also the best he has ever done. He already took to Lucy the first day we brought her up there so I know he will be happy with her. Right now they only have 3 other Macaws in the play room. The rest are still little babies. We call those guys the 3 Musketeers. A Ruby, and 2 Scarlets. They move in unison together, and follow each other around. It is quite comical except one of the Scarlets is a jerk. They're all 6 months old. The head lady under the owner was talking about how a certain one she couldn't even stand he was such a jerk. I was back in the back room, and asked her if she wanted me to get them out for her. She said it was fine so I start getting them out. Put my arm in the one's cage, and he comes at my arm. No big deal he's a little guy, and a different persons arm going in the cage might just freaked him out so I moved slower. The little thing grabbed my hand, and latched on then started slamming with the point of his beak, and pinching. I didn't jerk because I wasn't giving into this little guy. So I slowly pull my arm back out as this little jerk is trying to tear my hand up. I move my arm out, and put my hand on the door to close the cage the little friggin thing tries flying out the door at me. I shoved the thing back in his cage shut the door, and called him an a hole. Got the other Scarlet & Ruby and took them into the playroom. Found out that he has done that to basically everyone that works there, and is just a jerk. We went in today. He didn't even look at me, was nice & sweet to my wife, and wouldn't go near Phoenix if we were in the playroom. Needless to say Mommy & Daddy took care of their new baby today lol. 3 more days, and he comes home!

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I don't mean to be laughing, but I just can't help it, sorry. So the "little" Scarlet gave you a run for the money, yes?

Wow, 3 more days. I'm so excited for you/with you. :D

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
I don't mean to be laughing, but I just can't help it, sorry. So the "little" Scarlet gave you a run for the money, yes?

Wow, 3 more days. I'm so excited for you/with you. :D
Yeah that little squirt did give me a run for the money I had some nice puncture marks, but didn't bleed, and still today have nice marks on my hand from him. I wasn't going to back down fro a little 6 month old when I haven't backed down from Phoenix when he first got there or any other Macaw since I first started handling them. He wasn't going to win that battle with me lol. I'm going to make Phoenix an internet superstar lol. I am a musician, and do videos for different charities, and epilepsy awareness because I live with 3 types. I started putting Lucy in videos, and will add Phoenix into then as well. Do some on animal rescues, and Macaws because they're not a pet you go buy on a whim, and because you'll think your cool cause you have one. I already posted pics of him, and part of his story in St. Louis Musicians Unite which is a musicians rights network, and networking group for us musicians in St. Louis & surrounding areas. I've already posted on my artist FB, and music website about him & Macaws and some musician forums. Weird thing about him is he has thick heavy feathers while Lucy's are light, and fluffy.Thinking getting him on some good vitamins will help his feathers a lot when he comes home.

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
Phoenix will be arriving at home between 4 and 430 tomorrow.YEA! The I get the fun of putting the cage together lol.

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
I hate putting stuff together. Though on the flip side Lucy's cage is 48x36x72, and I had a harder time with my Tiels flight cages then that so I don't think putting the cage together will be that bad. Yeah I don't think I will sleep lol. Today is the making sure everything is ready, and rearranging for him day lol.

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
Today is the BIG day!!! Just how excited are you....and how much sleep did you get??? :D
I am super excited. So are my sons, and my wife. I didn't get much sleep last night part out of excitement, and a lot due to the lovely exwife lol. I have to call, and remind them to grab the extra toys we bought for him and put in his cage there. Only thing that is going to make it nuts is my replacement couch is apparently going to be delivered the same time Phoenix, and his cage arrive. Maybe the furniture store guys will help carry in the cage boxes lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts