The Xanderbird Scrapbook, 2020 - Updates

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
The Xanderbird - Online Adopted Flockmate of The Rickeybird https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/the-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.62811/

A while ago, I fell in love with one of (Super Moderator) Terry57's many rescue birds. Just one of those modern on-line things! I have since "adopted" him virtually. Xander the Alexandrine Parakeet needs his own Scrapbook here. Much like The Rickeybird's, it will be a mix of love, foolishness and community solidarity.
I can't wait for all of you to get to know him!

Let me tell you his story...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
You should consider giving The Rickybird his own sign on! Out of all the fids on here, he’s the most flamboyant!
Can you imagine how many times the Mods would have to edit him for inappropriate postings?
We would have him on speed dial.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
The Xanderbird - Online Adopted Flockmate of The Rickeybird https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/the-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.62811/

A while ago, I fell in love with one of (Super Moderator) Terry57's many rescue birds. Just one of those modern on-line things! I have since "adopted" him virtually. Xander the Alexandrine Parakeet needs his own Scrapbook here. Much like The Rickeybird's, it will be a mix of love, foolishness and community solidarity.
I can't wait for all of you to get to know him!

Let me tell you his story...
New Mama Gail, Xan will be thrilled to be the centre of attention! Although if I tell him his head will be too big to fit through the cage door.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
New Mama Gail, Xan will be thrilled to be the centre of attention! Although if I tell him his head will be too big to fit through the cage door.
Poor boy...that sounds painful 🀣

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I fell in love with one of (Super Moderator) Terry57's many rescue birds. Just one of those modern on-line things! I have since "adopted" him virtually. Xander the Alexandrine Parakeet needs his own Scrapbook here. Much like The Rickeybird's, it will be a mix of love, foolishness and community solidarity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, thank you, darlings! You're already making Xander a star!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so...

Xander's journey to me...

Many of you don't know the extent and the extremity of our Terry's rescue activities. I really wish that she would put her modesty and privacy aside and tell the whole story, maybe even make a scrapbook, buttt... she IS modest and she IS private, so I will just tell the quickest snippet about Xander. As often would happen, Terry got a report on a bird in a terrible situation. Just a few elements of this particular case... a beautiful young Alexandrine kept in a small cockatiel cage, fed a diet of junk food or worse, covered with a blanket to keep him quiet, having experienced a history of loss and trauma, abusive by his keepers, and more, I'm sure! Within hours he was talking; within weeks he was really recovering; within months he was thriving. Initially terrified of water sprays, he now loves showers more than anybody! He was 12 when she got him, and that was 8 years ago, so he is now 20. His gotcha day was February 13.

Here is a before (rescue arrival) and after (about a year along) photo. Next, we have some "documentation" I made up to formalize the deal, and also to give Terry a laugh.

Now and then Terry will send a picture or tell me a tale. She also sends little recordings. My favorite is Xander honking and cooing "HELLOOOOoooooOOOooOOO!", which is my phone ring tone. I like to pose cutouts of Xander around my house, pretending he is here or, and again, giving Terry a laugh and thanking her for taking care of my online parrot. You'll be seeing some of those photos as time goes by. I'll also present the ringtone. It is hilarious. I love when it goes off when I'm out and about. Stops people dead in their tracks.

And that is the story of Xander. So far!

beforeafter.jpg
Xander's Papers.png

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
What an amazing journey! Mrs. Terry, I would love to hear about your rescues…please, please, pretty please! And don’t hold back. ☺️😊
YES! Every single one of them, Ms Terry, NOW.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
The Xanderbird - Online Adopted Flockmate of The Rickeybird https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/the-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.62811/ I fell in love with one of (Super Moderator) Terry57's many rescue birds. Just one of those modern on-line things! I have since "adopted" him virtually. Xander the Alexandrine Parakeet needs his own Scrapbook here. Much like The Rickeybird's, it will be a mix of love, foolishness and community solidarity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, thank you, darlings! You're already making Xander a star!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so...

Xander's journey to me...

Many of you don't know the extent and the extremity of our Terry's rescue activities. I really wish that she would put her modesty and privacy aside and tell the whole story, maybe even make a scrapbook, buttt... she IS modest and she IS private, so I will just tell the quickest snippet about Xander. As often would happen, Terry got a report on a bird in a terrible situation. Just a few elements of this particular case... a beautiful young Alexandrine kept in a small cockatiel cage, fed a diet of junk food or worse, covered with a blanket to keep him quiet, having experienced a history of loss and trauma, abusive by his keepers, and more, I'm sure! Within hours he was talking; within weeks he was really recovering; within months he was thriving. Initially terrified of water sprays, he now loves showers more than anybody! He was 12 when she got him, and that was 8 years ago, so he is now 20. His gotcha day was February 13.

Here is a before (rescue arrival) and after (about a year along) photo. Next, we have some "documentation" I made up to formalize the deal, and also to give Terry a laugh.

Now and then Terry will send a picture or tell me a tale. She also sends little recordings. My favorite is Xander honking and cooing "HELLOOOOoooooOOOooOOO!", which is my phone ring tone. I like to pose cutouts of Xander around my house, pretending he is here or, and again, giving Terry a laugh and thanking her for taking care of my online parrot. You'll be seeing some of those photos as time goes by. I'll also present the ringtone. It is hilarious. I love when it goes off when I'm out and about. Stops people dead in their tracks.

And that is the story of Xander. So far!

View attachment 36629View attachment 36630
You always make me laugh, and when those adoption papers came in the mail I about died I was laughing so hard.

And thank you all for asking for more stories, I'll start adding some here and there:)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
You always make me laugh, and when those adoption papers came in the mail I about died I was laughing so hard.

And thank you all for asking for more stories, I'll start adding some here and there:)
A poem, dedicated to Xander (I suck at poetry, be warned):

One day, there was an egg
A glorious, marvelous egg
And one day the egg hatched
Through a miniscule scratch
And out popped a Xanderous leg!

It waved a 'hello'
To you and to I
Though it wasn't sure just why we came
And then, with a ZAP and a TWIST and a CRACK
Out the dear Xander-boy came!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

Most Reactions

Latest posts