Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
1. how dramatic they are! he is a little drama queen and I love it lmao
2. how DUSTY they are! I knew it was a factor BUT I underestimated how dusty they truly are! thankfully I'm not allergic to it but my immunity to smoke, chemically scents, strong smells, etc. plummeted over the 3 years I have had birds.
3. how loud they truly get. I was aware it was gonna be loud but not like him as he is a particularly loud little guy who screams at the top of his lungs if he eats all of his food before I can wake up (I change his pellets out every morning) so I will wake up.
4. how energetic they can be! I was told they were laid back and I got a super crazy, hyper-energetic, crackhead cockatiel and I love it!
5. how big they are! much larger than budgies and way bigger than expected!
6. SCRITCHES GALORE!
7. they wanna be in your business 24/7 which is nice for me
8. 'tiel seed blends are awful! I use seeds as a treat so I swapped to a budgie blend. I also learned that moose like eating cockatiel seed blends from your hand in your window.
9. cockatiels are little tiny monsters who think of themselves as a god. just as Rockwell did (yeah, ik, ARK: Survival Evolved reference. yes, it is cringe of me lol)
10. they make no sense 90% of the time

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
LOL, it just shows to go you that every parrot is it's own bird and stereotypes are just that. Some Greys never learn a single word, some Macaws talk like a politician, some Amazons are laid back pussycats, some Ringnecks Love scratches. Moose sounds like a delightfully contrary to type Cockatiel.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
1. how dramatic they are! he is a little drama queen and I love it lmao
2. how DUSTY they are! I knew it was a factor BUT I underestimated how dusty they truly are! thankfully I'm not allergic to it but my immunity to smoke, chemically scents, strong smells, etc. plummeted over the 3 years I have had birds.
3. how loud they truly get. I was aware it was gonna be loud but not like him as he is a particularly loud little guy who screams at the top of his lungs if he eats all of his food before I can wake up (I change his pellets out every morning) so I will wake up.
4. how energetic they can be! I was told they were laid back and I got a super crazy, hyper-energetic, crackhead cockatiel and I love it!
5. how big they are! much larger than budgies and way bigger than expected!
6. SCRITCHES GALORE!
7. they wanna be in your business 24/7 which is nice for me
8. 'tiel seed blends are awful! I use seeds as a treat so I swapped to a budgie blend. I also learned that moose like eating cockatiel seed blends from your hand in your window.
9. cockatiels are little tiny monsters who think of themselves as a god. just as Rockwell did (yeah, ik, ARK: Survival Evolved reference. yes, it is cringe of me lol)
For a minute I thought you were feeding real WILD MOOSE from your hand at your window! I thought that's kinda cool- but how did they train the moose to do that? We do have moose in the woods here in Maine and you have them in Alaska but they're pretty shy animals. Then I went "Ohhh! I get it! Moose is a cockatiel's name!" Great name! Remember Rocky (the squirrel) and Bullwinkle (the moose)? I've got a Rocky, a budgie, not a squirrel! You should teach Moose to say "Hi Rocky"! I'm going to teach Rocky to say "Bullwinkle moose"!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I love how each bird is so different from each other, even within the same species! It's so amazing to learn each one's different quirks. Even my Zebra finches are different from each other in the way they act.
I think that their personalities resemble humans a lot more than many realize.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I love how each bird is so different from each other, even within the same species! It's so amazing to learn each one's different quirks. Even my Zebra finches are different from each other in the way they act.
Totally. Each of my eight budgies has a distinctive personality with unique likes and dislikes. They know each other but don't all like each other. And when a pair is bonded it seems cruel to split them up though sometimes you need to or the female may keep laying eggs until her bones get weak and fragile. Many breeders keep all their adult females in one large flight and all the males in another and pair them up in breeding cages based on what color variety offspring they want. Somehow it bothers me that these birds are treated like studs and brood mares with no regard for the emotional bonds between individual males and females. Perhaps I'm projecting too much human emotion onto birds but I can't help it.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
For a minute I thought you were feeding real WILD MOOSE from your hand at your window! I thought that's kinda cool- but how did they train the moose to do that? We do have moose in the woods here in Maine and you have them in Alaska but they're pretty shy animals. Then I went "Ohhh! I get it! Moose is a cockatiel's name!" Great name! Remember Rocky (the squirrel) and Bullwinkle (the moose)? I've got a Rocky, a budgie, not a squirrel! You should teach Moose to say "Hi Rocky"! I'm going to teach Rocky to say "Bullwinkle moose"!
I did feed a real wild moose from my window! even her calf! she walked right up to me out of curiosity and I fed her some crackers, seeds, and my dad gave her and her calf some cheese! I got to pet their noses, and they hung out for about 2 hours! it was really cool! no training or anything! my Tiel's name is Rico, not moose. anyway, rico was slightly concerned about a moose nose in my window eating food from my hands but after 5 mins he was like oh, well this is just another day"

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
this exactly!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
LOL, it just shows to go you that every parrot is it's own bird and stereotypes are just that. Some Greys never learn a single word, some Macaws talk like a politician, some Amazons are laid back pussycats, some Ringnecks Love scratches. Moose sounds like a delightfully contrary to type Cockatiel.
haha his name isn't moose it's Rico! I mentioned a wild moose eating seeds from my hand recently but yes, Rico is very different from the stereotype I imagined!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
haha his name isn't moose it's Rico! I mentioned a wild moose eating seeds from my hand recently but yes, Rico is very different from the stereotype I imagined!
It was an actual moose? How cool is that!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I did feed a real wild moose from my window! even her calf! she walked right up to me out of curiosity and I fed her some crackers, seeds, and my dad gave her and her calf some cheese! I got to pet their noses, and they hung out for about 2 hours! it was really cool! no training or anything! my Tiel's name is Rico, not moose. anyway, rico was slightly concerned about a moose nose in my window eating food from my hands but after 5 mins he was like oh, well this is just another day"
No kidding! A real moose not a bird named Moose! Only in Alaska- our Moose in Maine aren't that friendly.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
No kidding! A real moose not a bird named Moose! Only in Alaska- our Moose in Maine aren't that friendly.
yeah, the moose here aren't friendly either. she went after my brother when he was back from his walk and the calf just stood there eating a cracker from my hand. I also learned they growl. I was growled at by the mother for offering a broken cracker.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm not the only one who thought Moose was a cockatiel! I don't feel so stupid now.
Happy to help! lol
yeah! and her calf! I am now a stereotypical Alaskan xD
I have to say that's one of the neatest things I've heard. We sometimes have moose walking down our Main Street 2 blocks from my house, but I haven't ever seen one near my house. Not that I'd be brave enough to feed one anyway, they're sooo big!

yeah, the moose here aren't friendly either. she went after my brother when he was back from his walk and the calf just stood there eating a cracker from my hand. I also learned they growl. I was growled at by the mother for offering a broken cracker.
Note to self - have only whole crackers on hand in case I run into a moose.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Happy to help! lol

I have to say that's one of the neatest things I've heard. We sometimes have moose walking down our Main Street 2 blocks from my house, but I haven't ever seen one near my house. Not that I'd be brave enough to feed one anyway, they're sooo big!

Note to self - have only whole crackers on hand in case I run into a moose.
yeah, they are big and scary! I was shaking and panicking when she walked up to my window but once I calmed down, her calf came over and she chilled out. they are a treat to see in the yard and a once in a lifetime opportunity to have it walk up to you and feed it from your hand.

if you do not offer mama moose the good crackers, FEEL HER WRATH!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Firstly - MOOSE?!

But second, Iā€™m also an occasional ark player (I let my public server base and tames get deleted yet again though, heh), and thatā€™s too funny.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Firstly - MOOSE?!

But second, Iā€™m also an occasional ark player (I let my public server base and tames get deleted yet again though, heh), and thatā€™s too funny.
YOS WILD MOOSE!

and omg hello fellow ark player! what's ur fav DLC, tame, and boss?

mine are: Extinction, Parasaurs (I love them sm because it was one of my 1st ridable tame who I loved sm until raptors :mad: ), and the Dragon

Most Reactions