Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Very interesting looking parrot, he is quite beautiful! I hope he is settling in well.

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
He looks exactly like my timneh hybrid! He was also an accident haha
Wow! The main difference seems to be the green in the wings. Cape Parrots and Jardines look very similar, which is probably why these two guys do as well.

Last edited:
OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
He looks magical! Thank you so much for sharing Arno! Does the breeder breed this hybrid parrot often? Does he have any documentation on the health and lifespan of the offspring?
In addition to what I messaged you back with, the lifespan is unknown, and I’ve just taken him to the vet a week ago for a first checkup (he didn’t like it), but seems perfectly healthy, and health issues seem to be more common for higher generations of hybrids(if he had offspring), or so I was told.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
In addition to what I messaged you back with, the lifespan is unknown, and I’ve just taken him to the vet a week ago for a first checkup (he didn’t like it), but seems perfectly healthy, and health issues seem to be more common for higher generations of hybrids(if he had offspring), or so I was told.
Yeah, but health issues are more common in two cases: like you said higher generations, but also after crossbreeding less related species

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
No way!
I think that the Parrot Wizard just posted a video about Arno!
Video link
I have to know if it really is Arno or not, I can’t tell.

Last edited:

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
No way!
Video link
(If you watch the video, like my comment so he might see it, Arno is my profile pic) I have to know if it really is Arno or not, I can’t tell.
must say he looks very similar to Arno!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
No way!
Video link
(If you watch the video, like my comment so he might see it, Arno is my profile pic) I have to know if it really is Arno or not, I can’t tell.
It does look like Arno. But in the video it says the bird is a jardine x timneh x cape.

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
It does look like Arno. But in the video it says the bird is a jardine x timneh x cape.
To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if Todd Marcus Birds exotic left out some important details
Also, the tail feathers are exactly identical to Arno’s, it would be a miracle if it weren’t him.
Either way, it’s not too important, just thought that it was pretty cool

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Rather interesting! I would double check with Todd Marcus or whoever is in charge to see if Arno is in fact a 3 way hybrid or not! And if he is 3 way, is he really 25% african grey?

Sumo, the grey x jardines has a rather red sibling that can be found in this album

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
Today, I’ve noticed that Arno’s poops had a lot of water, the urine and unrated were very yellow, without any feces. It has gotten better the past few hours, until I noticed a strand lump under his tail. Is this a liver issue? I’m certain that the lump wasn’t there before, and it’s noticeably large.
4FD00A52-B6F7-4668-BC5C-1C197DAF2CD1.jpeg
Any advice? I’ll be taking him to a vet tomorrow if the issue persists.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Today, I’ve noticed that Arno’s poops had a lot of water, the urine and unrated were very yellow, without any feces. It has gotten better the past few hours, until I noticed a strand lump under his tail. Is this a liver issue? I’m certain that the lump wasn’t there before, and it’s noticeably large. View attachment 35035Any advice? I’ll be taking him to a vet tomorrow if the issue persists.
Not really other than listen to your vet.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
If not DNA sexed could be an egg and egg binding is an emergency. My female laid an egg before 6 months ( different species)

Try and encourage drinking. You could offer a little applesauce. ( do not syringe water as water is so easy to choke them.),Often bright yellow is a sign of dehydration. And with no fecal. Makes me think not eating and drinking.
Could have a blockage prolapse or egg or other.

Definitely getting to the vet as soon as possible. Glad you are getting there tomorrow!

Support warmth. Offer favorite foods.

Most Reactions

Latest posts