OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
If not DNA sexed could be an egg and egg binding is an emergency. My female laid an egg before 6 months ( different species)

Try and encourage drinking. You could offer a little applesauce. ( do not syringe water as water is so easy to choke them.),Often bright yellow is a sign of dehydration. And with no fecal. Makes me think not eating and drinking.
Could have a blockage prolapse or egg or other.

Definitely getting to the vet as soon as possible. Glad you are getting there tomorrow!

Support warmth. Offer favorite foods.
He has been eating and drinking plenty, and is DNA sexed. That’s what’s confusing

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I sure hope you get good news at the veterinarian today.

Very rarely there can be a mix up in the lab.

I don't know what to think , except getting to a veterinarian

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
Stool test results should come back today or tomorrow. Arno is pretty normal, just seems the tiniest bit less active, probably due to the swelling.

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
Blood tests have come back, he seems to maybe just have some kind of infection, no organ problems or anything. He should be fine, we just need to figure out what infection it is exactly.

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
We got him on some antibiotics, I’ll post an update again once we see some results!

OP
Ma2s

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
The antibiotics gave no results, but his condition seemed to remain the same. I took him in for an ultrasound today, and there seemed to be a mass of soft tissue and some fluid. It is almost definitely a congenital issue. They sedated him for a second ultrasound and to take a sample. Arno’s heart stopped beating as he was waking up, and they performed CPR on him for fifteen minutes. Arno passed away at around 1:00pm today, March 22, 2022.

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
The antibiotics gave no results, but his condition seemed to remain the same. I took him in for an ultrasound today, and there seemed to be a mass of soft tissue and some fluid. It is almost definitely a congenital issue. They sedated him for a second ultrasound and to take a sample. Arno’s heart stopped beating as he was waking up, and they performed CPR on him for fifteen minutes. Arno passed away at around 1:00pm today, March 22, 2022.
Oh, I'm so sorry! He was an amazing bird.
Fly high, Arno ❤️

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh no! I am so very sorry for your loss of the beautiful Arno.
My heart goes out to you, you truly did all you could for him.
Arno will always be remembered.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I am so sorry to hear the news.
I know you did all you could for him.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Oh no!!! I am devastated hearing the sad news... Fly high, beautiful Arno...!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I am so sorry for your loss! I was so shocked when I saw this, it's very sad... I am really thankful to have been able to read his journey and hear what a great bird he was. Rest in peace Arno 😢

Most Reactions

Latest posts