Toumor feather cyst??

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Hello everyone! I inte i have been posting about my bird and her recovery of her respitory infection, but something else happend today that freaked me out. So i started with i saw some blood under her wing, i took a look at it i saw blood but not much and it looked like the blood had stopped. Anyway as i saw further of the bleeding a saw a weird abcess, i completly panicked when i saw it, but as i tried to calm myself down i could guess that it was a chance of a feather cyst.


I called a vet for advice and they said that if it was one little feather on the cyst, it would be concerning, but as i saw it was more little white feathers on the abcess. So it was not an emergency, but it would be good to look at it! And of course i will do that! But i just got so scared that she would bleed out. Some months ago she got blood loss of pappiloma and almost died. But she made it! But im scared that i would bleed agin. But could it go away on its own? Or should it be surgically be removed? Here is a picture of it
IMG_7468.jpeg
 

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
3,213
3,959
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hello everyone! I inte i have been posting about my bird and her recovery of her respitory infection, but something else happend today that freaked me out. So i started with i saw some blood under her wing, i took a look at it i saw blood but not much and it looked like the blood had stopped. Anyway as i saw further of the bleeding a saw a weird abcess, i completly panicked when i saw it, but as i tried to calm myself down i could guess that it was a chance of a feather cyst.


I called a vet for advice and they said that if it was one little feather on the cyst, it would be concerning, but as i saw it was more little white feathers on the abcess. So it was not an emergency, but it would be good to look at it! And of course i will do that! But i just got so scared that she would bleed out. Some months ago she got blood loss of pappiloma and almost died. But she made it! But im scared that i would bleed agin. But could it go away on its own? Or should it be surgically be removed? Here is a picture of itView attachment 52492
Definitely see the vet and also ask also them for some stypick powder to put on any small bleeding nail or feather or minor wound to stop the bleeding. Most vets sell it.
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #3
Just to clarify , the bleeding has stopped but is it possible of a feather cyst?
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #5
Okay, the vet i especially go to is not open until monday, but thank god there is a vet that takes birds that are open tomorrow! I will se tomorrow of the cyst got away or not becuase it bled a little and maybe the most got out, as you said its impossible to say what it is specifically. Hopefully its a Ingrown feather that can be removed. I will uptade tomorrow! But is it the best to go to the other vet tomorrow instead to wait until monday? I was actully gonna see our vet for another thing about her infection but then its on monday in that case.
 

onamom

Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
1,825
5,771
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Okay, the vet i especially go to is not open until monday, but thank god there is a vet that takes birds that are open tomorrow! I will se tomorrow of the cyst got away or not becuase it bled a little and maybe the most got out, as you said its impossible to say what it is specifically. Hopefully its an Ingrown feather that can be removed. I will uptade tomorrow! But is it the best to go to the other vet tomorrow instead to wait until monday? I was actully gonna see our vet for another thing about her infection but then its on monday in that case.
I think that depends on your comfort level. If it’s not bleeding anymore you could probably wait until Monday and keep an eye on it. But if it would give you more peace of mind to go sooner than you should do what you feel is best.
 

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
3,213
3,959
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I think that depends on your comfort level. If it’s not bleeding anymore you could probably wait until Monday and keep an eye on it. But if it would give you more peace of mind to go sooner than you should do what you feel is best.
Waiting would probably be okay since it's not from an injury unless it's quickly getting worse.
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #8
Yes i think it would be better on monday, she does not seem bothered by it but its hard to tell becuase birds are good for hiding any pain or illness
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #9
My bird is worse, i think the infection and back and its probably chalmydua i gave her antibiotika in two weeks but now its back, she opens her mouth while breathing and i have a vet appointment tomorrow but im worried, and the problem is that i have vacation in 6 days with my family. So the birds needs to be taken vare one of my dada freinds. I really do not know what to so becuasr i want her to feel better…
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #10
*be taken vare if my dads freind*
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #13
I hope so, we will se what we can do, i do not want to go on vacation until my bird is well agin
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #15
I am litrally crying, it feels just so hard and its really afecting le mentally and almost feeling depressed. I just want to help her and make her feel better. Thats all i want right now and i Widgets i could just take her to a vet today but every clinic is closed.

I know that panicking and worry dont work but i cant help it, she is my chilhood bird and i want her too not feel uncomfy, she is sleeping with her sister, and ate pretty much today. But it feels very hard for someone who struggles alot with depression and anexiety…
 

onamom

Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
1,825
5,771
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I'm so sorry. I always get very anxious when any of my pets are ill. It is very hard to cope with. Good luck at the vet tomorrow and I hope you get some good info. Just try your best to stay strong for your baby.
 
OP
J

Josefin

Active member
Jul 27, 2022
153
212
Parrots
Two parrotlets
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #19
A little uptdate on her feather cyst, the feathers start to grow on the cyst so should i let it be or should it still need to bee removed?
 

onamom

Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
1,825
5,771
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
A little uptdate on her feather cyst, the feathers start to grow on the cyst so should i let it be or should it still need to bee removed?
You will need to see what the vet recommends for it.
 

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Top