RodeoCowboy

Sep 2, 2014
Okalhoma
My new boy Ringo needs new toys but I have no ideas on what to get so what do all you GCC and other conure parents recommend. also if i was to get him a friend what would you recommend

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
Yup. My green cheek likes some toys and doesn't like others. No rhyme or reason that I can figure. It's hit & miss.

From what I have read, there is no way to tell if your bird will get along with another bird UNTIL you get it home. I recommend lots of research here & elsewhere :)

klnor

Aug 26, 2014
Parrots
Oliver Green Cheek Conure
My GCC has tons of toys he likes but the popsicle stick toy a previous person posted is his favorite.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Not a Conure parront, but I always make sure that my cages has at least the following: Shredding toy, wooden toys, plastic toys, and foraging toys (puzzles).

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
I would definitely try foraging toys if your bird is food or foot-toy driven :)

And, you don't even have to buy toys. You can make some yourself out of various bird-safe items you can get at home or various stores.

DIY items in my home that my flock love are drinking straws, plastic bottle caps, playing cards, ice cube trays (though depending on your bird, it might be seen as a chew toy rather than forager...:09:), cardboard boxes stuffed with popsicle sticks, etc. Lots of things can be used! But, hands down, drinking straws are the absolute favourite of my flock if I had to pick one. Maybe yours will like them too? Cut them up, loop them, bundle them together, etc. Try different things with them too

Attachments

• IMG_00004276_edit.jpg
    IMG_00004276_edit.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 145

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
My conure also likes some toys and doesn't touch others. His favorite thing to play with is the cat toys with the plastic ball inside (make sure the "bell" part isn't metal). He also loves straws, cards, popsicle sticks, baby links, cardboard egg cartons, wine corks, the lids off dry coffee creamer (remove the little lid part if there are small pieces). He chews up way more than my Amazon. I have also used raw pasta noodles on toys. For a foraging toy I got the little popcorn boxes and fill them with his favorite toy pieces.

Last edited:

bonita

Aug 30, 2014
Pennslyvania
Parrots
Paddy male 8 yr.old GCC Cuddlebug, Emmy female parrotlet RIP Buddy 20 yr. blue headed conure adopted 10/23 Paddy RIP 10/23
Dear RodeoCowboy, My GCC is 3 yrs. old. Paddy's favorite toys are plastic bendy straws(any grocery $2), a ring stack for birds 5 pegs,4 colors,5 rings per peg(doctors about $16 lots of value). Hope it helps. Bonita

Superxdude

Jul 31, 2013
South Korea
Parrots
Chopper - Sun Conure
the mini bird kabob was destroyed in 3 hours by Chopper...I dont think he ever had more fun in his life.

wife was pissed off at the mess!

OneHorseRanch

May 25, 2014
California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure, Sheldon. Hatch date: 7/27/13
My Sheldon like the toys that jingle. I have cat balls that I replace the little cheap plastic bells with the metal bells. He loves to roll those around and throw them. The louder the better. I also have the shredable stuff and the soft, rope toys. i need to find a way to hang bells on those too.

yorkshiregal

May 26, 2014
Thousand Oaks, California
Parrots
Lolli pop A Pineapple GCC
My bird plays with anything but bought toys. She loves plastic caps, empty pens, fabric pieces, she'll roll all over in them. We play football with little bell balls. I put a shallow bowl of water on the counter and she'll play for ages throwing buttons and other toys in it and getting them out. She loves playing in boxes, old tissue boxes etc. I also have a small round bowl that she love to balance on, (it rolls around) she puts hers toys in it and spends ages throwing them out lol! Never give a bird a brass ring!! she got her head stuck in it, poor love, I felt terrible. newbie mistake. She likes hard pasta but I'm worried it might swell in her belly?

mrsef1

Sep 4, 2014
South Carolina
Parrots
1x Sun Conure "Picasso"
1x Cockatiel "Tappy"
OneHorseRanch, Sheldon and Picasso are exactly alike then! Picasso loves bells and noise makers! I need to find bells that he can have on the ground and not hung up. Anyone have any ideas as to where I could look?

drj130

Jul 25, 2014
Saint Petersburg, FL
Parrots
9 month old Green Cheek Conure
OneHorseRanch, Sheldon and Picasso are exactly alike then! Picasso loves bells and noise makers! I need to find bells that he can have on the ground and not hung up. Anyone have any ideas as to where I could look?

Try in almost any party store. Just be careful of the type that you get.

Most Reactions

Latest posts