Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Probably I am the only person here who has own art thread and have never drawn own fids (not including Limonka and Szafirek, I drew them as a child), prob because I was either too lazy or wanted to focus on my characters. Sometimes drawing just macaws is boring, so I decided to do a challenge - drawing all my fids in both styles of my universes (normal and Parrot Land)
Zenek is the first one (normal style)
28c2116d-8da4-45f5-8993-4fc8020b01f5.png

Tbh both styles seem to be a bit challenging because I have big troubles in drawing non-macaw parrots in PL style and I am not used to draw in the normal/real style any more
But the biggest challenge will be bourkes because I have never drawn them in my life (I searched all my old arts, so it's confirmed) + I find them really hard (I will have to rethink how to draw their pattern on heads remembering how I recognize each of them)

Meantime I may post more of Parrot Land

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I think what you may be fighting is the various body shapes and then color patterns. Maybe if you viewed those two separately.

Still loving your art good friend!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Truly great, love the details all the way down to the way that the claw sets on the rectangle. You have illustrated the reason that such a perch can cause compression spots (red spots) on their claw pads!

WinniePooh

Oct 20, 2022
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel
Probably I am the only person here who has own art thread and have never drawn own fids (not including Limonka and Szafirek, I drew them as a child), prob because I was either too lazy or wanted to focus on my characters. Sometimes drawing just macaws is boring, so I decided to do a challenge - drawing all my fids in both styles of my universes (normal and Parrot Land)
Zenek is the first one (normal style)
View attachment 46967
Tbh both styles seem to be a bit challenging because I have big troubles in drawing non-macaw parrots in PL style and I am not used to draw in the normal/real style any more
But the biggest challenge will be bourkes because I have never drawn them in my life (I searched all my old arts, so it's confirmed) + I find them really hard (I will have to rethink how to draw their pattern on heads remembering how I recognize each of them)

Meantime I may post more of Parrot Land
Do you draw other peoples birds?
If so, could you draw my cockatiel?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I like their faces and beaks. You captured their look from a very difficult angle.
thanks
Do you draw other peoples birds?
If so, could you draw my cockatiel?
Yeah, can you share a pic?
Also, I was going to open two-way option of drawing others' fids - so far I've been drawing only in a "normal" way (like here
Angela (ignore the background, I didn't care about it so much)
View attachment 47068
)
But if you want, I can do in a cartoon way. The choice is up to you.

WinniePooh

Oct 20, 2022
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel
thanks

Yeah, can you share a pic?
Also, I was going to open two-way option of drawing others' fids - so far I've been drawing only in a "normal" way (like here

)
But if you want, I can do in a cartoon way. The choice is up to you.
You can decide what way you want, could you make it really cute???
Photo:
Could you draw this:
20220916_192604.jpg

Thanks so much!
I really appreciate it :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts