Umbrella Tree

Cheddar

Nov 21, 2020
My uncle gave me a huge umbrella tree branch with little branches. I was thinking of using it as my sun conureā€™s perch in the living room. Is it safe for her? No pesticides or anything like that since this came from the top part of the tree that canā€™t be reached by humans unless they climbed up. It was also hosed down and left to dry for 2 days now.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Assuming youā€™re talking schefflera arboricola, it is toxic

OP
C

Cheddar

Nov 21, 2020
Yea thatā€™s why I got confused some list it as safe some as toxic. No berries or leaves just plain branches.

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
There's plenty of other options for safer plants, I wouldn't risk using ANY Umbrella tree or anything close to it

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Assuming youā€™re talking schefflera arboricola, it is toxic

If our local plant expert said this species is toxic for Parrots, I'm rolling my disc in his direction.

Commonly, just rising a branch is limited in its ability of assuring that environment chemicals are removed. My preferred method is to use Dawn Original Dish Washing Soap, hot water and scrub. Then full rise with fresh drinking water. Set out too dry in bright Sunlight, regular turn until dry. But that is just me with safe branches.

Most Reactions