vetafarm nutriblend pellets

enfysmoon

Dec 20, 2010
Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek concure - Silver
i was recommended to feed my green cheek vetafarm nutriblend pellets, the coloured ones (green yellow and pink)..

i mixed them with his usual pellets for a couple of weeks and put him onto just the new pellets a few days ago..

his poo has now gone bright green and he's been putting some of the pellets in his water as well..

im just wondering if either of these things is normal?

thanks

cghoosier21

Nov 8, 2010
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Black Capped Conure- Rocky (hatched 5/8/10
my black capped conure will dip his pellets into his water to make them softer and then will chew on them but i dunno about the bright green poo

SharonC

May 26, 2010
The bright green poo is from the green dye in the pellets. I'm not familiar with those particular pellets, but I try to avoid coloured pellets, because of the dye.

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
I have heard not so good things about coloured pellets with all the additives that are in them. I don't know much about the colourd vetafarm pellets, although I have tried using the plain ones. All I can say is that both my fids turned the nose up at them lol. Some birds do often prefer their food to be a little soggy so dipping them in water is not an unusual behaviour.

Btw, was the use of coloured vetafarm pellets a vet recommendation?...just curious

OP
E

enfysmoon

Dec 20, 2010
Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek concure - Silver
thanks guys
@ Aussie Ben... the pellets were recommended to me by the guy that i bought my parrot from. He does a lot of bird breeding, deals with a lot of hand raising etc and runs a local home owned pet store that spe******es in birds.

Most Reactions

Latest posts