Weather Alerts

AMD64

Active member
Joined
May 20, 2026
Messages
167
Reaction score
166
Location
Ohio
Parrots
Orange wing Amazon, Senegal, Indian Ringneck, Cockatiel, Budgie
OMG.....I have been receiving extreme weather alerts for days on my Iphone! "Your area, flooding, high winds, thunderstorms", yet nothing? Look outside sun shining hot & humid. Then this morning All 5 parrots are sounding off the storm alarm that they do. Cannot hear myself think! lol Look outside and it looks like storms on the way. Did I get any alerts? NO, not one alert. SO.....the parrots seem to know the weather better than the weather channel. LOL
 
Wonderful! Give them extra treats!
Actually.....I am thinking that they were so on target with the storm, that I should get them jobs with the Weather Service! lol The sky is that horrible grey-green, which indicates possible tornado with the storm.....urg.....Right now.....they are all so quite you can hear a pin drop. Never ceases to amaze me how they sense the storms coming.
 
I grew up on a "tornado alley". Thinking about your statement makes me 1000% glad I'm not there now! Especially with a mimicking expert! The soft reminder tones to take my meds is one thing!!!
 
  • Care
Reactions: AMD
Adding to sounds. Nameliss prefers talking to sounds unless loud and annoying. I've discovered where she's picking up new complete sentences and phrases. Things she shouldn't have any contact with. My cell phone on speaker! "Can you hear me, Did we get disconnected, Do you have time to talk now". Nameliss says them randomly in her practice tones. Once upon a time I wasted money on those gadgets to record and play back on a timer. She did the static. Guess she's a high tech birdie. I don't like ear buds. May have to use them for a truly private conversation.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AMD
Thank GOD Yvons hasn't mimicked the alert noise we have for severe weather/Tornadoes. Hearing that go off once every few weeks is bad enough...

Yaaaay for birdy alarm systems, tho! Very cool!
 
  • Like
Reactions: AMD
WELL.....with all the bad storms that we have had this week.....I am totally OVER the birds letting me know they are on there way! Baby my tiel has been the worst. He has been doing the alarm call off and on for the last 24 hours! YES....the storms were coming....YES the tornado sirens went on and off for 45 minutes last night, But enough is enough....lol Yesterday I was trying to talk on the phone, and my friend was laughing because she could hear Baby in the background.
 
I love having to explain it's a bird on phone conversations.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AMD
PEACE THIS MORNING! This is the first morning for days that I have NOT had to endure the alarms for the BAD weather! We are having the 1st nice day in a week! But the storms are supposed to be back again later this week. Gotta take what you can with the quite.....lol
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom