Welcome to our flock, Little Wilson!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
It is impossible not to instantly love that face! That last pic especially is amazing! He really does look like he's smiling! Has he begun bonding with you, yet?

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thank you! I'll pass on the compliments!

Yes, he's bonding, he's my little blue Velcro bird right now! Here's a couple more photos because I can't stop taking pics. He's soooo cute!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
YAY!! More Baby W pics!! I can't get enough of that face!

Jerseyjeff62

Sep 11, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
parakeet 20yrs(RIP PETEY),Gracie a TAG
So cute!! They are illegal here in PA and NJ, but thankfully in NJ, Fish and Wildlife will save the babies from nests that are removed from power poles. We recently had babies from a communal nest dropped off to the shelter, they are the cutest and sweetest little buggers. Quakers are amazing little birds. Congrats on the cutie pie!!

Jen
Why are they illegal in NJ, PA?

Jerseyjeff62

Sep 11, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
parakeet 20yrs(RIP PETEY),Gracie a TAG
Wilson the name reminds me of cast away! Cutie, does the rest of your flock get along with each other?

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Little Wilson looks happy and healthy and ready for some new adventures. :)

In most states where QPs are illegal, it's because they're considered an agricultural pest (which they're not), or an invasive species. Their large communal nests do cause problems for utility companies, but in some areas, they're now required to relocate the nests rather than destroying them. A few states, like Maine, have relented and now allow QPs as companion parrots.

Last edited:

sandeejs

Sep 8, 2016
S.E. MI
Parrots
Green Quaker Parrot (Gordon)
Wilson is one seriously cute fellow! Probably hard not to cuddle him constantly.
If I recall correctly, "Wilson" was the neighbor of "Tim the Tool Man Taylor". He always gave good advice, but Tim often misunderstood.
~Sandee~

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wilson the name reminds me of cast away! Cutie, does the rest of your flock get along with each other?

My flock gets along really well together, thankfully. They are all flock birds and I think they enjoy each other's company. My female quaker is my only bully and she hates time outs so when everyone is out together, she's very well behaved.

Wilson is one seriously cute fellow! Probably hard not to cuddle him constantly.
If I recall correctly, "Wilson" was the neighbor of "Tim the Tool Man Taylor". He always gave good advice, but Tim often misunderstood.
~Sandee~

Castaway, Tim the Toolman Taylor's neighbor, Woodrow Wilson, Dennis The Menace's Mr. Wilson, Dr. James Wilson from the series House, there's probably more. He just looked like a Wilson. Harry, Sammy & Wilson sounds good together too.

Sammy has been making me giggle with his newest favorite phrases, "You are a good, good, Sweetheart", You are a quaker, quaker parrot", and my favorite, "Tickle, Tickle Hammer!" He learned to say, "Hammer," last weekend when I was explaining the scary noise to him, then he decided Hammer is a better name for Harry.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Tickle Tickle Hammer cracks me up every time I think of it!

And I agree, you are a good, good sweetheart:)

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Congratulations Allee on your new addition...Wilson is Adorable...I can see why hes keeping you busy with the camera hes the sweetest little guy ever...ha ha I love Sammys new nsme for Harry too LoL :) Gorgeous pics of baby Wilson. I love his name too and as for his cage it looks amazing. Hes well into exploring all those lovely perches now :) Well Done Baby Wilson you are AWESOME :)

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Oh I have heart pitter patted through all the pictures. Wilson is so adorable and I can't say how happy I am that you allowed yourself the pleasure of a baby. Rescue's are wonderful but having a baby from the beginning is a treasure as well.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Laura, it was such a sweet experience! It was exactly the way you described it. Finally, I got to cuddle a quaker parrot.

My husband actually chose Wilson from three babies. There were two males and one female, the female was just like Harry, spit, vinegar and ruffled feathers. I'm glad I let Joe choose sweet little Wilson. One Harry is plenty!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm recalling what you said about him being "serious". Not only his personality, but his expression really is, too. Such a little Mona Lisa smile. He LOOKS like he's THINKING.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
I took a couple of new photos of Wilson. He's presently covered in pinfeathers but he's not complaining. He's sitting on a perch on Harry's open door admiring her new toy. He can fly short distances now.

And this one, Baby Blue being watched over by Her Majesty.

Hmmm, maybe I gave the toy to the wrong quaker.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Oh, Wilson, how you have grown! You are looking like a big boy now! Harry sure doesn't look too sure about her visitor, though.

Allee, he is just getting more and more beautiful! It has been too long since an update, please keep those pics coming, I missed Wilson:)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, Willllllllllllllllllllllllsonnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

You coy little flirty-pants, you!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Wilson update! Sweet!

And he's in the midst of getting his big boy plumage, too? He's growing so quickly!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh Wilson is so adorably precious Allee! Pretty soon he'll be flying everywhere. Pretty color too. I love the shade of blue, and since they're illegal here I've never seen a blue in person, and I'd love to.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Oh Allee, why didn't I see this thread earlier? Doh, feel so lame. Wilson is an exceptionally beautiful bird. So photogenic and settling in nicely!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Oh Allee, why didn't I see this thread earlier? Doh, feel so lame. Wilson is an exceptionally beautiful bird. So photogenic and settling in nicely!!

Ditto that! I must have been in the AmaZone! So, when are you going into the Art of Photographic Works as a full time passion /lifestyle?

Most Reactions

Latest posts