Welcome to our flock, Little Wilson!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
This is Wilson! He is seven weeks old today and he's been with us for one week. I was going to name him Glitch or Noodle but after spending a week with him, the names don't really fit his serious little face and personality.

Baby cage with those strange perch things. He's doing great considering he saw his first perch just seven days ago.

He misses his clutch mates, he loves sleeping next to his three way mirrors.

His other fave place, he likes his fleece.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Aww, Allee congrats on your new little guy :). I think Wilson is adorably precious. He is such a lucky guy to go to such a good home too! Looking forward to watching him grow and mature. Is he a regular blue? I know there are different shades of blue. I love blue color in birds.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Julie, I tried to pin down his exact mutation. I didn't have too much luck. He is not the color of adult normal blues, his color is dark turquoise with lots of dark grey. I've never seen a blue baby quaker in person other than Wilson's clutch mates so I guess we'll see if they change as he grows.

wter5989

May 24, 2016
He is adorable Allee,welcome to your new home Mr.Wilson

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What a precious little ball of fluff:D He looks like a Wilson, so good choice of name!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Allee, Wilson is absolutely adorable!! His cage looks awesome, and I love how he has mirrors to make him feel like his clutch mates are with him:)
His colours are incredible! What a lucky boy he is to have joined your wonderful flock:)

TexasWade

Mar 13, 2016
Denton Tx
Parrots
Mumble Quaker, hatched 5/25/16
Wow, such a pretty birdy and beautiful house for him! <3 Love the name too, very cute =)

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
He is adorable, and I love the name Wilson for him! It looks like it fits him well.

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
You already know I think he is adorable, but man, way to upstage me in the cage department! I need to start taking decorating advice from you.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Wilson is beautiful, Huckleberry! Whatever color mutation that is, it looks mesmerizing!

You've done an amazing job (as always) designing his cage! I swear if you lived closer I'd commission your artistic services for my Eclectic Duo's cages! Wilson is a lucky bird, blessed as he is with the best of mommies. Keep those pics coming, my friend!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Oh hes a baby !!!!!!Congrads :p

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Awww. Cute little guy. Congrats!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Awww, thanks for the kind words, Everyone!

I am really enjoying taking care of a baby bird. Guilty pleasure on my part, all my other birds except for my male quaker Sammy had pretty serious issues when they came to me.
Wilson is such a sweetie.

Upstaging you, Chris? Hardly, I think about the time I was designing the interior of Wilson's cage you were out rescuing a macaw? Respect, My Friend! You amaze!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
So cute!! They are illegal here in PA and NJ, but thankfully in NJ, Fish and Wildlife will save the babies from nests that are removed from power poles. We recently had babies from a communal nest dropped off to the shelter, they are the cutest and sweetest little buggers. Quakers are amazing little birds. Congrats on the cutie pie!!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Thank you, Ladies!

Jen, lucky you, aren't they adorable? WTU electric company in Dallas has rescued baby quakers from the wild colonies several times, the local rescues are always happy to help with the babies.

Wilson is growing way too fast. He's seven and one half weeks old. Today is the first time I trusted him on his balcony. I couldn't resist taking new pics.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, he looks like he's smiling! He is happy to be such a big boy now!
How is it possible that he just keeps getting cuter and cuter???

Most Reactions