What absolutely freaks YOU out?!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I will STARVE before eating insects! I agree totally about wasps, hornets and yellowjackets, especially if one flies into my car while I'm driving- I absolutely flip out!
I'm not afraid of heights but I hate the sensation of falling and would never jump out of a plane or worse go Bungie jumping. I hate big roller coasters for the same reason. I hate the thought of being very deep underwater, like in a submarine type thing. Or deep underground like in a mine shaft. No way! No way would I ever go into outer space either.
Other than these types of things I'm pretty fearless.
Except for bears. I am definitely afraid of encountering a bear in the wild. They can run, climb trees and swim better than I can, so how would I escape from an angry bear?
Getting bitten/eaten by a shark also terrifies me. I go in the water anyway but the thought of a shark is never too far from my mind.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I will STARVE before eating insects! I agree totally about wasps, hornets and yellowjackets, especially if one flies into my car while I'm driving- I absolutely flip out!
I'm not afraid of heights but I hate the sensation of falling and would never jump out of a plane or worse go Bungie jumping. I hate big roller coasters for the same reason. I hate the thought of being very deep underwater, like in a submarine type thing. Or deep underground like in a mine shaft. No way! No way would I ever go into outer space either.
Except for bears. I am definitely afraid of encountering a bear in the wild. They can run, climb trees and swim better than I can, so how would I escape from an angry bear?
Getting bitten/eaten by a shark also terrifies me. I go in the water anyway but the thought of a shark is never too far from my mind.
Before there was a vaccine I was afraid of getting Covid and suffocating to death.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I have eaten bugs before! They honestly arenā€™t so bad. Scorpion tastes a little like chicken I suppose? I def hate looking down the hollow tail. That creeps me out. Ants are meh, not super flavorful. I do want to try mealworms, jungle scorpion, and coconut worm some day!

You are very brave! I canā€™t be higher than 3 feet before shaking and getting nervous. And the feeling of falling? Oh man I resonate with that! The state fair that comes around every fall is kinda janky and I went there in September of ā€˜21 and i literally almost died three times šŸ˜šŸ’…

The 2 story tall roller coaster was brand new and the security for it wasā€¦ poor. All you had was a loose buckle that went over your lap and a bar to hang onto. And the drops were STEEP and short. I almost fell out several times. -1/10 would NEVER rode that again!

The hang glider ride.

Thereā€™s this spinning hang glider ride that you lay on and get strapped into and it goes up and down pretty fast. Well, they didnā€™t strap me in AT ALL. And can you guess what happened? The tubby kid (me) clung onto the bars, yelling for the ride to stop. It did not stop.

The g-force ride

This one spun me so fast, it forced my trachea shut and I began suffocating.

Soā€¦ yay?

Bears are definitely scary! Not really the black bears, but the grizzlies? They are very scary!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have eaten bugs before! They honestly arenā€™t so bad. Scorpion tastes a little like chicken I suppose? I def hate looking down the hollow tail. That creeps me out. Ants are meh, not super flavorful. I do want to try mealworms, jungle scorpion, and coconut worm some day!

You are very brave! I canā€™t be higher than 3 feet before shaking and getting nervous. And the feeling of falling? Oh man I resonate with that! The state fair that comes around every fall is kinda janky and I went there in September of ā€˜21 and i literally almost died three times šŸ˜šŸ’…

The 2 story tall roller coaster was brand new and the security for it wasā€¦ poor. All you had was a loose buckle that went over your lap and a bar to hang onto. And the drops were STEEP and short. I almost fell out several times. -1/10 would NEVER rode that again!

The hang glider ride.

Thereā€™s this spinning hang glider ride that you lay on and get strapped into and it goes up and down pretty fast. Well, they didnā€™t strap me in AT ALL. And can you guess what happened? The tubby kid (me) clung onto the bars, yelling for the ride to stop. It did not stop.

The g-force ride

Soā€¦ yay?

Bears are definitely scary! Not really the black bears, but the grizzlies? They are very scary!
Back in my early 20s went to Coney Island in NY and rode on The Cyclone, one of the oldest rollercoaster rides in the world. In addition to the stomach churning vertical drops, the ride itself was made of wood- think one of those rickety old wooden "trains" that carried debris out of a mine- and that's what The Cyclone was like but super-sized! I was so scared that I literally cried during the entire ride!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Back in my early 20s went to Coney Island in NY and rode on The Cyclone, one of the oldest rollercoaster rides in the world. In addition to the stomach churning vertical drops, the ride itself was made of wood- think one of those rickety old wooden "trains" that carried debris out of a mine- and that's what The Cyclone was like but super-sized! I was so scared that I literally cried during the entire ride!
That sounds really scary!!! Imagine if one of the planks broke, or the cart fell off! Yeesh! You were so brave to have done something like that!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

The hang glider ride.

The g-force ride

Soā€¦ yay?

What's funny is that although the thought of eating any kind of insect, worm or spider makes me shudder, I LOVE raw oysters, clams, and fish! I do, however, draw the line at fish eggs, lobster and clam guts, fish eyeballs (any eyeballs), and sea urchin sushi. I know it's not logical.
I also cannot eat eggs because I'm very allergic to both the white and the yolk, and my egg allergy rules out mayonnaise, which I find disgusting anyway. Egg salad

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
What's funny is that although the thought of eating any kind of insect, worm or spider makes me shudder, I LOVE raw oysters, clams, and fish! I do, however, draw the line at fish eggs, lobster and clam guts, fish eyeballs (any eyeballs), and sea urchin sushi. I know it's not logical.
I also cannot eat eggs because I'm very allergic to both the white and the yolk, and my egg allergy rules out mayonnaise, which I find disgusting anyway. Egg salad
I could never imagine eating oysters or clams! It reminds me of like, spider guts! Raw fish is good although Iā€™m not too fond of raw tuna. raw salmon though? ABSOLUTELY. Iā€™ve eaten some sort of small fish eggs. I got scammed out of 30$ though because they said it was SALMON eggs. It was not salmon, it was like flying fish eggs or something like that. I was mad aver the false advertising and the blatant scam, but the eggs didnā€™t taste like much. It was like eating little tiny orbeez. Ew eyeballs? I could never either! Funny enough, I was thinking about a video I saw on YouTube where this dude was eating fish eyeballs I think it was the best ever food review show on YouTube or something like that like a few hrs ago!

Clam and lobster guts? People EAT that?

Iā€™d never eat sea urchins just because of the stupid expensive price.

I honestly never knew it was possible to have an egg allergy! A chocolate allergy? Yeah (I have a very mild one that just makes me feel sick if I eat more than a few grams of it and if I eat a lot, I develop mild hives) but an egg allergy? Nope!

āœØEgg saladāœØ šŸ˜Œ

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Everyone else laughed at me for being such a baby.
Pardon my French but damn I guess Iā€™m a fetus in the first week of gestation if you are a baby for crying on a janky, rickety ride that is older than the dinosaurs. Like, why would anyone say that? A ride like that is terrifying! It could literally just crumble or just blow away in the wind considering it was built in 1,000,000,000 B.C.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I could never imagine eating oysters or clams! It reminds me of like, spider guts! Raw fish is good although Iā€™m not too fond of raw tuna. raw salmon though? ABSOLUTELY. Iā€™ve eaten some sort of small fish eggs. I got scammed out of 30$ though because they said it was SALMON eggs. It was not salmon, it was like flying fish eggs or something like that. I was mad aver the false advertising and the blatant scam, but the eggs didnā€™t taste like much. It was like eating little tiny orbeez. Ew eyeballs? I could never either! Funny enough, I was thinking about a video I saw on YouTube where this dude was eating fish eyeballs I think it was the best ever food review show on YouTube or something like that like a few hrs ago!

Clam and lobster guts? People EAT that?

Iā€™d never eat sea urchins just because of the stupid expensive price.

I honestly never knew it was possible to have an egg allergy! A chocolate allergy? Yeah (I have a very mild one that just makes me feel sick if I eat more than a few grams of it and if I eat a lot, I develop mild hives) but an egg allergy? Nope!

āœØEgg saladāœØ šŸ˜Œ
Eggs are one of the most common food allergies- even more common than chocolate allergies. Egg salad combines two things I cannot eat without my throat closing up- eggs and mayo which is made with eggs, except vegan mayo which is excellent.

Raw salmon is my favorite. Raw tuna is almost as good.

Sea urchin looks like something I coughed up when I had Covid.

L

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Eggs are one of the most common food allergies- even more common than chocolate allergies. Egg salad combines two things I cannot eat without my throat closing up- eggs and mayo which is made with eggs, except vegan mayo which is excellent.

L
I am honestly surprised I didnā€™t know about egg allergies until now! I had no idea it was so common! What is vegan mayo like? Also, stupid question but, is it more expensive? Iā€™d assume so but itā€™s worth an ask lol

You can never go wrong with salmon! Itā€™s a delicious meat that can be prepped and eaten in many ways! Jerkified, grilled, smoked, dry aged, raw, etc. so good 10/10

Ew mucous? Never mind, itā€™s guaranteed Iā€™ll never eat it ever now, even if I was stupid rich šŸ¤¢

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

L
Lobster guts (aka the tomally) is considered a delicacy by many. It's the green stuff (the liver) inside the lobster after you steam the lobster. In crabs it's more yellowish. They are equally gross.

Raw oysters are truly amazing! And you don't just swallow them whole- that's a waste. Even the large ones are so tender. Definitely an acquired taste just like sushi is, but once you get used to the cold slimy mouthfeel you're hooked on the clean, crisp briny taste.

Rocky Mountain Oysters in the other hand may be yummy but I would NEVER EVER eat them!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Lobster guts (aka the tomally) is considered a delicacy by many. It's the green stuff (the liver) inside the lobster after you steam the lobster. In crabs it's more yellowish. They are equally gross.

Raw oysters are truly amazing! And you don't just swallow them whole- that's a waste. Even the large ones are so tender. Definitely an acquired taste just like sushi is, but once you get used to the cold slimy mouthfeel you're hooked on the clean, crisp briny taste.

Rocky Mountain Oysters in the other hand may be yummy but I would NEVER EVER eat them!
You got guts (unlike the lobster mentioned above) to eat oysters! I couldnā€™t even dream of eating such a thing haha

Lobster guts just sounds nasty though. Yuck!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Rocky Mountain Oysters don't come from the ocean. Would you try them?
Probably not honestly, just because oysters are a bit gross looking and Iā€™ve seen the vid where the kid ate an oyster then puked it back up. Maybe when Iā€™m older and less grossed out by things? Because Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get conditioned to seeing things as a vet. And having to deal with poop and barf and blood, and pus. And lots of it.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Probably not honestly, just because oysters are a bit gross looking and Iā€™ve seen the vid where the kid ate an oyster then puked it back up. Maybe when Iā€™m older and less grossed out by things? Because Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get conditioned to seeing things as a vet. And having to deal with poop and barf and blood, and pus. And lots of it.
Google "Rocky Mountain Oysters".
Are you going to be a Vet? Oh, I hope so! An AVIAN vet, I hope! You're so smart and love animals so much! I have to say that getting into vet school is harder than getting into medical school but if you have it in you to work your tail feathers off in college and get straight As it will be worth the effort!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Google "Rocky Mountain Oysters".
Are you going to be a Vet? Oh, I hope so! An AVIAN vet, I hope! You're so smart and love animals so much! I have to say that getting into vet school is harder than getting into medical school but if you have it in you to work your tail feathers off in college and get straight As it will be worth the effort!
Omg it looks like KFC! I might try it actually šŸ‘€

Yup! Iā€™m aiming for an avian vet! Iā€™ll also see other animals but I will very much specialize In psittacines! but if I canā€™t land being an avian vet, or a vet, guess Iā€™ll die from debt āœØšŸ˜ƒšŸ‘āœØ

Thank you! Have you tried becoming a vet/were a vet? If so, whats it like?

I definitely will work my tail feathers off so hard that they wonā€™t be able to even grow back!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Omg it looks like KFC! I might try it actually šŸ‘€

Yup! Iā€™m aiming for an avian vet! Iā€™ll also see other animals but I will very much specialize In psittacines! but if I canā€™t land being an avian vet, or a vet, guess Iā€™ll die from debt āœØšŸ˜ƒšŸ‘āœØ

Thank you! Have you tried becoming a vet/were a vet? If so, whats it like?

I definitely will work my tail feathers off so hard that they wonā€™t be able to even grow back!
My nephew's brilliant ex girlfriend got amazing grades in college but still did not get into vet school the first year she applied. She got in the next year at US Davis in the SF area.
I was smart enough but not disciplined and ambitious enough in undergrad to go to medical school (I got Bs because I was too boy crazy to study) and I am very allergic to all furry animals so vet school was out of the question. I majored in Medical Lab Science and became a pharmaceutical sales rep (best job I ever had) for 12 years and then went to law school full time to be a medical malpractice attorney (I've done both sides) in LA. I loved law school but hated practicing law and had enough after 10 years and retired early and moved back to Maine where I'm enjoying life the way it should be. So my entire academic and professional background is related to medical science. I now work part time at Lowes servicing the masses.
Have you figured out what Rocky Mountain Oysters are?

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My nephew's brilliant ex girlfriend got amazing grades in college but still did not get into vet school the first year she applied. She got in the next year at US Davis in the SF area.
I was smart enough but not disciplined and ambitious enough in undergrad to go to medical school (I got Bs because I was too boy crazy to study) and I am very allergic to all furry animals so vet school was out of the question. I majored in Medical Lab Science and became a pharmaceutical sales rep (best job I ever had) for 12 years and then went to law school full time to be a medical malpractice attorney (I've done both sides) in LA. I loved law school but hated practicing law and had enough after 10 years and retired early and moved back to Maine where I'm enjoying life the way it should be. So my entire academic and professional background is related to medical science. I now work part time at Lowes servicing the masses.
Have you figured out what Rocky Mountain Oysters are?

Oh wow! Iā€™m glad she eventually got into vet school!

do you regret not having the ambition to get into med school? Or are you relieved that you didnā€™t have to go through what people seem to often describe as hell?

What was being a pharmaceutical sales rep like? Was it boring? Was it chill? Or was it absolute chaos? Also, 12 years?! Thatā€™s almost as long as my younger cousin been around!

How was being a medical malpractice attorney? Was it stressful or boring? Did you get to say ā€œriddle me this ye honor!ā€?

I bet itā€™s nice to be retired! you can just like, do whatever as long as itā€™s not illegal lol

your academic history has been mainly medical eh? So that means youā€™re a qualified doctor, right? So, riddle me this! What happens if I have a car made of lead and titanium hit me at approximately 1,500 miles per hour and I get launched 30,000 feet into a stone wall at the speed of light, then get hit by a bowling ball?

I looked up Rocky Mountain oysters and it looks like KFC so I might actually try it lol

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I

I wanted a pet snake but my mom's always like "Nope" "Nu" "Too scary".
I went for a parrot instead
lparrot safeer than a snake.......this has me rolling.....

Most Reactions

Latest posts