What absolutely freaks YOU out?!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
read entire article......the only thing that scares me is.....getting banned from parrotforums for posting a joke. I know I tiptoe over the line at times, (I KNOW IT) but it is for comedy!

Looks left, looks right, moves ahead.....

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
lparrot safeer than a snake.......this has me rolling.....
a cockatiel can destroy your lungs with ā€œbird crumbsā€ (dander), a macaw or cockatoo (I think amazons and grays too) can bite you to the bone, and their existence is expensive šŸ„³

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh wow! Iā€™m glad she eventually got into vet school!

do you regret not having the ambition to get into med school? Or are you relieved that you didnā€™t have to go through what people seem to often describe as hell?

What was being a pharmaceutical sales rep like? Was it boring? Was it chill? Or was it absolute chaos? Also, 12 years?! Thatā€™s almost as long as my younger cousin been around!

How was being a medical malpractice attorney? Was it stressful or boring? Did you get to say ā€œriddle me this ye honor!ā€?

I bet itā€™s nice to be retired! you can just like, do whatever as long as itā€™s not illegal lol

your academic history has been mainly medical eh? So that means youā€™re a qualified doctor, right? So, riddle me this! What happens if I have a car made of lead and titanium hit me at approximately 1,500 miles per hour and I get launched 30,000 feet into a stone wall at the speed of light, then get hit by a bowling ball?

I looked up Rocky Mountain oysters and it looks like KFC so I might actually try it lol
I do regret not studying harder in undergrad and getting better grades because it limited my options. I had loads of fun in college but it was hardly worth being limited. Everyone who knows me thinks I should have been a medical doctor and they're probably right but I'm not crazy about sick people. Pharmaceutical sales was pretty much a dream job. I dressed professionally, got a new company car every couple years, all insurances including medical paid for, I only saw my district manager once every couple months, I visited doctors offices all day promoting my products, got paid very well with fabulous benefits and didn't work very hard. But after 12 years I was getting VERY bored and was ready to move on so I went to law school full time for three years and passed the three day California Bar exam on the first attempt (the pass rate is 40%). I loved law school because I had a science degree and took almost no liberal arts classes. I'm an information sponge and love learning. Law school taught me things I had never thought about. Medical malpractice litigation was my primary specialty and I loved the medical aspects of the practice but I hate conflict, and litigation is all about conflict! Practicing law is all about tedious paperwork, rigid deadlines, obnoxious attorneys, and ungrateful clients. And I made more money in pharmaceutical sales! The judges were actually the most pleasant people I had to deal with. As long as you are prepared when making a court appearance the judges were great but go in unprepared with a list of excuses why and they let you have it. I can't say practicing law was too boring. It was just unpleasant.

I think you died pretty quickly in your hypothetical accident, but there was nothing left of you to identify so they are still looking for you.

You do realize that Rocky Mountain Oysters are an intimate (former) body part of male cow don't you?

TangoBango

Apr 14, 2023
Washington
Parrots
3 pinapple green cheeks
3 african grey parrots
1 senagal parrot
Another "mindless" fun post here. It's been pretty serious around here lately...

Be honest. Does anything REALLY just flip you out? Spiders? Mice? Clowns??

I'd definitely have to say that for me, it's larvae. Not meal worms, but white soft bodied ones... Baby flies. Maggots blown up large on a page of a book, or on computer which is light enough to flip in the air would be on the ground in a split second as I freak out like a maniac, throw the book or laptop off of me and run screaming and gagging at the sight of maggots (even in a picture). They have got to be the worst :eek: and the worst part of it is I wouldn't even be putting on an act. It's an honest knee-jerk reaction. A phobia!
You could imagine my horror some years ago when I bartended, and the last person who worked before me forgot to dump the sugar (for sugaring the edge of fufu drink glasses) out of the container. The next morning I opened the container and ran full speed through the establishment. I don't even think a sound was able to escape my mouth. I'm just glad I didn't 'throw' the container :52: My boss wasn't the least bit sympathetic to my "phobia", and made me clean it. My heart was racing a mile a minute as I flinched as I tried desperately not to touch the container while I killed a thousand tiny fruit fly maggots under scalding running water.

I have one more. Not to be gross, so I'll say it as eloquently AS POSSIBLE... But I also can get a full blown panic attack if I see someone *ehem* getting sick :26: Although I've passed on having kids of my own, it is different if it is a loved one. I can handle it then. I only freak if it's a stranger in public :eek:

Now that you know how strange I am... How about YOU??
I have a panic attack when I see small cages or bad owners.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I do regret not studying harder in undergrad and getting better grades because it limited my options. I had loads of fun in college but it was hardly worth being limited. Everyone who knows me thinks I should have been a medical doctor and they're probably right but I'm not crazy about sick people. Pharmaceutical sales was pretty much a dream job. I dressed professionally, got a new company car every couple years, all insurances including medical paid for, I only saw my district manager once every couple months, I visited doctors offices all day promoting my products, got paid very well with fabulous benefits and didn't work very hard. But after 12 years I was getting VERY bored and was ready to move on so I went to law school full time for three years and passed the three day California Bar exam on the first attempt (the pass rate is 40%). I loved law school because I had a science degree and took almost no liberal arts classes. I'm an information sponge and love learning. Law school taught me things I had never thought about. Medical malpractice litigation was my primary specialty and I loved the medical aspects of the practice but I hate conflict, and litigation is all about conflict! Practicing law is all about tedious paperwork, rigid deadlines, obnoxious attorneys, and ungrateful clients. And I made more money in pharmaceutical sales! The judges were actually the most pleasant people I had to deal with. As long as you are prepared when making a court appearance the judges were great but go in unprepared with a list of excuses why and they let you have it. I can't say practicing law was too boring. It was just unpleasant.

I think you died pretty quickly in your hypothetical accident, but there was nothing left of you to identify so they are still looking for you.

You do realize that Rocky Mountain Oysters are an intimate (former) body part of male cow don't you?
At least you never have to deal with disgusting poop, pee, barf, infections, necrosis, etc. from random people! And you got a dream job! Albeit a boring one that you left, it still seems like a solid job! Studying the law and then having to deal with annoying people sounds like hell honestly. Iā€™d rather lick a dirty foot every day than have to do that.

Aw man, really? I would think thereā€™d be like a little hair dropped somewhere!

EWWWW WHAT THE?! it did not say that. WHAT. THE. ABSOLUTE. HECK? Iā€™d rather eat my fingers than eat that!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
At least you never have to deal with disgusting poop, pee, barf, infections, necrosis, etc. from random people! And you got a dream job! Albeit a boring one that you left, it still seems like a solid job! Studying the law and then having to deal with annoying people sounds like hell honestly. Iā€™d rather lick a dirty foot every day than have to do that.

Aw man, really? I would think thereā€™d be like a little hair dropped somewhere!

EWWWW WHAT THE?! it did not say that. WHAT. THE. ABSOLUTE. HECK? Iā€™d rather eat my fingers than eat that!

Me too. I like the bottom of the ocean kind of oysters myself! But deep fried (ocean) oysters are amazing yummy especially on a warm crispy roll with lettuce and sliced dill pickles, a New Orleans specialty called a fried oyster po' boy.

I'd rather be in a pit of poisonous snakes than be a litigation attorney again. I left the profession because it was so unpleasant I started developing an "anger management problem" and I'm a pretty chill person. That's when I knew I had to stop.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Me too. I like the bottom of the ocean kind of oysters myself! But deep fried (ocean) oysters are amazing yummy especially on a warm crispy roll with lettuce and sliced dill pickles, a New Orleans specialty called a fried oyster po' boy.

I'd rather be in a pit of poisonous snakes than be a litigation attorney again. I left the profession because it was so unpleasant I started developing an "anger management problem" and I'm a pretty chill person. That's when I knew I had to stop.
I think I could eat fried oysters, just not raw oysters. Iā€™d just gaslight myself into thinking that itā€™s fried chicken.

Poisonous snakes? Are you gonna be eating them? Also, that sounds awful just being an attorney. Good pay, but it sounds like absolute misery to work. How are people so crappy that they turn a chill person into someone with a temper?! They had to be like, the most stuck up, snooty, self-righteous buttfaces to have driven you mad (little pun and truth there lol)

Most Reactions

Latest posts