Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My heart bird was a little Chipping sparrow named Chip. Something happened and his mom didn't return to the nest outside our house. His siblings we found passed away but Chip was a little fighter. I brought him inside and did my best to care for him, never actually expecting him to make it. His eyes weren't opened so when they did he imprinted on me. He had no idea he was a bird; he would sit on the window sill watching wild birds outside like a little kid saying, "cool look at the birds!" but no recognition that they were actually his species! He shared breakfast (and any other meals he could) with me every day. He loved bagels, pasta, broccoli, and steak lol! Chip would sit on the bed while I folded laundry, perch on my knee or shoulder while we watched a movie, and basically be with me all the time no matter what I was doing. If he couldn't be, we were contact calling back and forth to stay in touch with each other! He was a fierce fly hunter; if we held him up to a fly on the window he would snatch it up with lightening speed. He was with my family during a very hard time that lasted over a month. I don't know how I would have made it through without him. When Chip passed, I felt like part of my heart died too. My family knew I was struggling and for Christmas that year my brother and sister-in-law gave me a sky blue opaline budgie who I named Humphrey Bogart. He helped heal my heart and was really the bird who turned me into a "bird person." The rest is history, lol!
Oh my god that is so sweet! That must have been magical to have raised a wild bird! Chip sounded absolutely delightful to have the honor of raising and befriending! And your SIL is so sweet to have given you a budgie (assuming you were 100% prepared at the time) that healed your heart!

angels123

Oct 18, 2014
Media
toledo oh
Parrots
crimson bellied conure 3 yrs old
black capped conure 4 months old
My heart bird was a little Chipping sparrow named Chip. Something happened and his mom didn't return to the nest outside our house. His siblings we found passed away but Chip was a little fighter. I brought him inside and did my best to care for him, never actually expecting him to make it. His eyes weren't opened so when they did he imprinted on me. He had no idea he was a bird; he would sit on the window sill watching wild birds outside like a little kid saying, "cool look at the birds!" but no recognition that they were actually his species! He shared breakfast (and any other meals he could) with me every day. He loved bagels, pasta, broccoli, and steak lol! Chip would sit on the bed while I folded laundry, perch on my knee or shoulder while we watched a movie, and basically be with me all the time no matter what I was doing. If he couldn't be, we were contact calling back and forth to stay in touch with each other! He was a fierce fly hunter; if we held him up to a fly on the window he would snatch it up with lightening speed. He was with my family during a very hard time that lasted over a month. I don't know how I would have made it through without him. When Chip passed, I felt like part of my heart died too. My family knew I was struggling and for Christmas that year my brother and sister-in-law gave me a sky blue opaline budgie who I named Humphrey Bogart. He helped heal my heart and was really the bird who turned me into a "bird person." The rest is history, lol!
That is such a touching story šŸ˜¢

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Oh my god that is so sweet! That must have been magical to have raised a wild bird! Chip sounded absolutely delightful to have the honor of raising and befriending! And your SIL is so sweet to have given you a budgie (assuming you were 100% prepared at the time) that healed your heart!
Thank you! Chip was a blessing. My sister-in-law was nervous about giving me a bird (weā€™re not the sort of family to give pets as gifts) in case I wasnā€™t ready for a bird but he was the absolute best gift ever! I gave her a big hug and a thank you!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Thank you! Chip was a blessing. My sister-in-law was nervous about giving me a bird (weā€™re not the sort of family to give pets as gifts) in case I wasnā€™t ready for a bird but he was the absolute best gift ever! I gave her a big hug and a thank you!
Thatā€™s so sweet!! I know that chip was in amazing hands and now your budgie is in those same great hands! Iā€™m glad everything turned out perfectly in the end!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Pacho my RLA was a love at first sight.

She was in a pet shop and when I walked in a sales woman was chasing her around on the floor with a perch trying to get her to step up.
I could see in an instant what had happened.
There were floor perches placed around the room and Pacho must have been placed on one.
The sales woman must have walked to close to her and scared her into flying off (and she was incapable of flying) and crashing to the floor.

I just reached down and gave her my hand and she stepped up right away.
I did not go home without her.
Pacho_7-2.jpg

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Pacho my RLA was a love at first sight.

She was in a pet shop and when I walked in a sales woman was chasing her around on the floor with a perch trying to get her to step up.
I could see in an instant what had happened.
There were floor perches placed around the room and Pacho must have been placed on one.
The sales woman must have walked to close to her and scared her into flying off (and she was incapable of flying) and crashing to the floor.

I just reached down and gave her my hand and she stepped up right away.
I did not go home without her.
View attachment 50479
Aww sheā€™s so precious and gorgeous. Iā€™m sorry you couldnā€™t have taken her home.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels

Kattoo2

Mar 29, 2023
Parrots
Has a rescue Cockatoo that rules my life, and getting a rescue Ringnek soon
For me it's Zoey, we are bonded, she crawled into my hart, when I thought I had no more love to give, opened my hart to joy, love and patience.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Sky is mommy's little soldier. it was not Sky sticking it up with Andy during the first days with him, he just went with the flow like i'm with my brother. he got finger trained really fast and had no problem with it. he warms my heart and really softens Andy. from an old grump Andy used to be she was born again as a kind, silly little lady I never saw before:). Sky changed my approach with birds and now the birds are happier and healthier than ever before. he truly saved Andy's mental sanity(really, she has severe anxiety because she was trapped in her cage for years) he is a good boy and a little angel. He's the one who is the least struggling when they take a shower. he is my heart and soul that gives me cofindence to help him!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Sky is mommy's little soldier. it was not Sky sticking it up with Andy during the first days with him, he just went with the flow like i'm with my brother. he got finger trained really fast and had no problem with it. he warms my heart and really softens Andy. from an old grump Andy used to be she was born again as a kind, silly little lady I never saw before:). Sky changed my approach with birds and now the birds are happier and healthier than ever before. he truly saved Andy's mental sanity(really, she has severe anxiety because she was trapped in her cage for years) he is a good boy and a little angel. He's the one who is the least struggling when they take a shower. he is my heart and soul that gives me cofindence to help him!
The first budgie I named Buddy was my heart bird. He was so sweet and never bit me. I taught him to talk and he took long road trips with me from Boston to South Carolina. We were so bonded. Unfortunately he had a beak overgrowth problem so he needed a trim every few months. One day I took to to the local bird store for his usual trim and he died in the guy's hand while I was watching the trim. I flipped out and started screaming "You killed my bird!". I left hysterical and it took me three years to get another budgie, also named Buddy. He was a real sweetheart, too, but I never forgot my first Buddy.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Well I've had 3 cockatiels that I would call soul mates.

The one I own now is named Shifty. I live on my own and his there when I'm lonely.
His there when I wake up every morning, pacing around, begging me to let him out of the cage and onto my shoulder.
His there after work. I hear Shifty screaming at the top of his little lungs as soon as my car rolls up (come here). Once he can see me then his call changes to a more demanding call (let me out).
He is there when I eat dinner and often dines with me.
His there when I'm watching TV, using my phone or CPU.
He reads my body language so well and will copy the same sounds and gestures that I make sometimes before I even make them.
He begs me to hold him, scratch him, talk to him, sing to him, cuddle him. Just look how calmly he sits in my hand on my avatar pic

I could go on about the little legend but I'll leave it there

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Well I've had 3 cockatiels that I would call soul mates.

The one I own now is named Shifty. I live on my own and his there when I'm lonely.
His there when I wake up every morning, pacing around, begging me to let him out of the cage and onto my shoulder.
His there after work. I hear Shifty screaming at the top of his little lungs as soon as my car rolls up (come here). Once he can see me then his call changes to a more demanding call (let me out).
He is there when I eat dinner and often dines with me.
His there when I'm watching TV, using my phone or CPU.
He reads my body language so well and will copy the same sounds and gestures that I make sometimes before I even make them.
He begs me to hold him, scratch him, talk to him, sing to him, cuddle him. Just look how calmly he sits in my hand on my avatar pic

I could go on about the little legend but I'll leave it there
Shifty (I LOVE his name) sounds like my first Buddy. Birdless people don't understand how strong the bird/human bond can be.. you and Shifty are both very lucky to have each other!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Shifty (I LOVE his name) sounds like my first Buddy. Birdless people don't understand how strong the bird/human bond can be.. you and Shifty are both very lucky to have each other!
Ever since childhood I named my pets with a name ending in "y" or "i" so I continued that tradition

Inti's woman

Nov 9, 2023
Bretagne France
Parrots
Pionus maximiliani, Pyrrhura molinae, Nymphicus hollandicus, Pyrrhura cruentata...
My second budgie Kiki.
After school he was allways waiting for me and we really connected.
Even with my cockateels, who I really like as a kind, more there was never that understanding bij just looking in the eyes. He once escaped on a camping out of the tent amd returned immediately.

Most Reactions