what can i do with dowel perches

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
So I've accumulated a nice collection of large and small dowel perches just from buying cages (lincolns first cage came with one, his 'new' cage came with like 2 or 3 and apollos cage came with 3) and I don't use them in the cages but I feel kind of bleh about having them just sitting in my closet so do yall have any tips of what I could maybe do with them instead of just letting them collect dust?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
turn them into a swing! Or if you can cut and drill make ladders out of them!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
You can also use them vertical, just take a wrap of rope , don't cover the whole thing, just enough they can use to climb up, hang from the top middle of cage
Mine love to climb straight up .
Or I zip tie them on top of my cage to use as perch. Especially the thick ones..

Use to make a training t- stand

Last edited:

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Aside of turning into a toy, we usually use them to install them right on the entrance of each door of the cage so that the bird can sit comfortably on the entrance, rather than just the cage wire. We install it so that it doesn't interfere with the door so we can still close it.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I keep many around the house for the times JoJo wants a piece of skin! The long ones are great for uneventful fetching him from heights!

raeleigh26

Dec 27, 2020
Aside of turning into a toy, we usually use them to install them right on the entrance of each door of the cage so that the bird can sit comfortably on the entrance, rather than just the cage wire. We install it so that it doesn't interfere with the door so we can still close it.
Pictures of this please?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
So I've accumulated a nice collection of large and small dowel perches just from buying cages (lincolns first cage came with one, his 'new' cage came with like 2 or 3 and apollos cage came with 3) and I don't use them in the cages but I feel kind of bleh about having them just sitting in my closet so do yall have any tips of what I could maybe do with them instead of just letting them collect dust?

You could chop them into segments and back foot toys hang them in segments from stainless chains or something (like a wind-chime or something maybe?).. Use them to make a hanging rope ladder or something maybe?

Most Reactions