What do you guys think of this

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
We have a budgie at work and last night we noticed he was, we think, throwing up. He would do the regurgitation head bob then fling the seeds everywhere. He seems pretty tired too. This went on for ~10 minutes. We pulled him from the floor and is now in isolation in our backrooms so we can keep an eye on him.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
20230408_174631.jpg

Am I seeing things or does his feet looked really dark and then pink tipped? we are setting up a vet appointment for him. He hasn't pooped much since last night. He hasn't really drinken or anything either.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
bump

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
He is weaned. He has a vet appointment on Tuesday they say but I don't work Tuesday so I won't know the results of that. And are you sure his feet are normal?? they're practically purple with pink tips. All the other budgies we have, even of similar coloration, have a solid pink coloration.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
I haven't checked on him today since I'm not working petcare today but I'll ask for some keys so I can take a look at him.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
He is weaned. He has a vet appointment on Tuesday they say but I don't work Tuesday so I won't know the results of that. And are you sure his feet are normal?? they're practically purple with pink tips. All the other budgies we have, even of similar coloration, have a solid pink coloration.
Rocky's feet are bluish gray and have been since she was three weeks old. Her feather color is also very similar to the little guy in the picture- a light cobalt or violet factor blue but Rocky is opaline (that wouldn't make a difference). Rocky is five month old and very healthy. Here's a pic of her big blue feet as a baby and now. Parts of her feet look pinkish blue gray but mostly blue gray. Perfectly normal. I sometimes call her "my blue-footed booby".

Attachments

• IMG_20221118_125819177.jpg
    IMG_20221118_125819177.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20230227_155847228.jpg
    IMG_20230227_155847228.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 27
OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Do you have another picture of her as an adult with these feet? The 2nd picture looks like a normal bluish grey. Sorry I'm just super paranoid and also need to know everything I should have them bring up with the vet.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Do you have another picture of her as an adult with these feet? The 2nd picture looks like a normal bluish grey. Sorry I'm just super paranoid and also need to know everything I should have them bring up with the vet.
IMG_20230409_201105532.jpg

These are Rocky's blue gray feet. Hers are exceptionally dark blue. I've seen lots more budgies with more pinkish blue gray feet like Rocky's father who unfortunately died several months ago so I don't have any good pics of his feet. I'm concerned about the little guy at your store too but more from his regurgitating than his feet but a vet should be able to say for sure whether his feet are abnormal.
IMG_20230409_201112256.jpg

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Yeah we pulled him and made the vet for the throwing up, but checking in on him the next day I noticed the feet and other things. In the 24 hours he was in the iso tank there were little to no seed hulls, the water looked untouched, and there were only.like 4 or 5 poops. He did eat some of the cuttlebone while I was there though

Most Reactions