What is with these nighttime noises? Is he talking in his sleep?

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
Now that Maddox has moved from the living room to my bedroom, I am spending nights with him and notice some adorable chatter at times throughout the night. It isn't all night, but I hear some low chirping noises every now and then. Is this normal, or does it mean he isn't sleeping?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
The only time I hear much talking from Willow is at night and early morning before I’m awake. he will grouse a bit in human language when I ask him to step up but mutters to himself in the cage.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
When Ona first goes to her sleep cage she spends a good while chattering to herself before sleep. Once she’s asleep she’s usually silent. If it’s throughout the night maybe it is dream noises as Sailboat suggested. Does he seem well rested throughout the day? Not napping excessively?

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Albie chatters through out the night , he likes to practice his words in the dark

However it is a bit disconcerting when you hear his Evil laugh in the middle of the night for no reason .

 

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Once Salty hits the rack, he is out for the night. Rarely a chirp or two as the cover goes over his cage. Thankfully he is not troubled by night frights or other sleep issues, and we make sure that we are quiet when near his cage.
Fridge doors opening and closing, rustling of cups, plates or silverware don't seem to bother him.

I suspect 'Boats is right, dreams or contact calls.

Most Reactions