What is your parrot’s favorite color?

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I recently discovered Rico’s favorite color is baby pink and he seems to like blue and purples. So, this leads me to this question! What is your bird’s favorite color? If you bird doesn’t seem to have one, how about a least favorite? Rico hates red. No clue why, he just seems to not like it.

Rico pic for ya birbie tax!
8FF479F9-2AF8-4F41-910E-4D47483D8EB9.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I can only tell what my Quaker and GCC favorite colors are, Tom likes pink and Orange the best, seems to dislike blue.
Tony likes most colors, but doesn’t seem too fond of red.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I can only tell what my Quaker and GCC favorite colors are, Tom likes pink and Orange the best, seems to dislike blue.
Tony likes most colors, but doesn’t seem too fond of red.
I find it kinda cute that Tom likes pink and tony doesn’t like red! Similar names and similar colors!

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Well since I've been teaching Ona colors I think so far her favorite is blue or green. I know she absolutely hates red just like yours does. Training her to learn the color red has actually helped with this a little. When she sees a red object and panics I just tell her "no look it's red see? Just the color red?" She pauses and looks at me like she understands and slowly warms up to it. I did this the other day when giving her a red bell pepper and after explaining it to her she got over her fear.

Ironically her tail is bright red and she has red on her tummy!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Well since I've been teaching Ona colors I think so far her favorite is blue or green. I know she absolutely hates red just like yours does. Training her to learn the color red has actually helped with this a little. When she sees a red object and panics I just tell her "no look it's red see? Just the color red?" She pauses and looks at me like she understands and slowly warms up to it. I did this the other day when giving her a red bell pepper and after explaining it to her she got over her fear.

Ironically her tail is bright red and she has red on her tummy!
That is SO cute! I don’t even have the words to explain how ADORABLE this is!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Well considering that Salty will often screw up the color training tricks i do with him ON PURPOSE, I have no idea what his fav or hated colors are. Some nights he gets them all 100% correct and some, he is just Fing with me.

TangoBango

Apr 14, 2023
Washington
Parrots
3 pinapple green cheeks
3 african grey parrots
1 senagal parrot
I recently discovered Rico’s favorite color is baby pink and he seems to like blue and purples. So, this leads me to this question! What is your bird’s favorite color? If you bird doesn’t seem to have one, how about a least favorite? Rico hates red. No clue why, he just seems to not like it.

Rico pic for ya birbie tax!View attachment 49409
Really hard to tell, but I think tango likes gray and myka likes red!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Most of them like pink... I'll make a list of their fav colors later

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I just figured it out !! Salty's favorite color is the color of MONEY; It must be, he loves seeing me shelling out $$$ for toys.
This is golden! Absolutely the BEST response to this thread!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Even though Milly isn’t a parrot (house sparrow!) she likes the color green the best! Red not so much 😅

Jun 1, 2022
Media
Previous-Sydney, Australia current-Utah, USA
Parrots
Senegal parrot(male)Percival
Green budgie(male) Buckbeak
Clear wing budgie(female) Rowena
Percy likes yellow, I try to teach him colours by having four balls of different colours and say green for example then when he touches green I give him a treat, but he always wants yellow and when I say yellow he gets excited, and he sometimes try’s to say “yellow” :)

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Percy likes yellow, I try to teach him colours by having four balls of different colours and say green for example then when he touches green I give him a treat, but he always wants yellow and when I say yellow he gets excited, and he sometimes try’s to say “yellow” :)
Oh my god that is so ADORABLE! If dandelions grow in your yard, maybe you should see how he reacts to it!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Never seen a bird who likes gray! That’s interesting!
When Rocky was a baby I mixed her baby formula in a little yellow plastic bowl and beginning after her eyes opened and she started observing the world at about 10 days, she would watch me prepare her formula in the same little yellow bowl up to eight times a day. She started to get so excited every time she saw me take out the little yellow bowl and start the preparations, chirping and running back and forth in her enclosure, practically jumping into the little yellow bowl at feeding time! So, at least back then, yellow was definitely her favorite color.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
When Rocky was a baby I mixed her baby formula in a little yellow plastic bowl and beginning after her eyes opened and she started observing the world at about 10 days, she would watch me prepare her formula in the same little yellow bowl up to eight times a day. She started to get so excited every time she saw me take out the little yellow bowl and start the preparations, chirping and running back and forth in her enclosure, practically jumping into the little yellow bowl at feeding time! So, at least back then, yellow was definitely her favorite color.
Oh my god that is so adorable!!! I’m dying!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
That is SO cute! I don’t even have the words to explain how ADORABLE this is!
I don't think Rocky is very keen on red either. She doesn't seem to like her red ball as much as the blue and yellow ones. Not averse to it at all but she's more drawn to blue. She seems more interested in my other blue budgies than the green ones, especially the boys. She's blue and white herself so perhaps she's just a wee bit vain!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I don't think Rocky is very keen on red either. She doesn't seem to like her red ball as much as the blue and yellow ones. Not averse to it at all but she's more drawn to blue. She seems more interested in my other blue budgies than the green ones, especially the boys. She's blue and white herself so perhaps she's just a wee bit vain!
Perhaps she is vain! But then again I can’t blame her for liking blue! I and many others like blue too! But it isn’t my favorite color haha rocky is so precious

Most Reactions