Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Daniel, you did such a wonderful thing for this sweet bird and his family! I can only imagine how thrilled they were:)

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Wow Daniel!

Well done :)
oh...nobody here told you yet, but yes, once you meet a friendly parrot- they *will* steal your heart.

So maybe this one made you into a dedicated parrotperson too ;)

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Yay! Happy end to this chapter, but that doesn't mean your story with parrots has to end there :)

Meeting a fid - they just capture your heart, don't they? Now that you've met one, maybe someday you can prepare to make yourself and your home ready for one of your own!

I totally feel ya though! I secretly wished I could keep that ekkie, but in the end, I know if I had lost a pet/friend, I would want to be reunited with him myself.... Then I immediately found this forum and have been here ever since! Planning sometime next year to adopt/rescue one into our family :)

Feel free to stick around in the forum!!!

SassiBird

May 10, 2016
Media
Albums
Minnesota
Parrots
Black Capped Conure - Sassafras - 2015; GCC Rosalita - 2018; GCC Apple Blossom - 2018
Eventually i found out who his owner has. He was living like three streets away from me. They told me that their daughter left the window open when came back from school. I checked them when reunited,and the bird responded to a lot of tricks they teached him. Idk but i feel kinda sad right now.
Thanks everyone for the help

You did the right thing for the bird. My suggestion, follow up with the family, learn from them, have them help you pick out a bird of your own. Thank you for being this bird's friend.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Daniel, well done. Thank you for what you did. Now, start looking into your own perfect birdie companion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Wow, Daniel, you did an awesome thing!! I've seen many heartbreaking stories of lost parrots. You saved this family from such a fate. Hero :angel:

Also, well done to all the forum members who came to the rescue. I love these kinds of threads.

Most Reactions