What's something you've seen your bird do that you can't get over?

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Its the water drinking for me lol
Or when my bird flings her head around :)
Actually I wanted to write the same thing!

the silly sound they make when drinking, I always melt..

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Actually I wanted to write the same thing!

the silly sound they make when drinking, I always melt..
“Thhhhhooooorrrrruuuuuuuupppppppp“

cytherian

Dec 29, 2020
Near NYC
Parrots
Eclectus
Norrie often tries to imitate certain “people actions”.

View attachment 35926
That's hilarious!
Btw, nice drinking glass there. I really like smooth cut divot circles like that.
Our young male Ekkie (3 years old) is a chatterbox. Of course, on his terms, but it's usually not hard to get him into chat mode. You just have to say certain things. Well, one of his absolutely hilarious things is to laugh. He's very attuned to his owner, and now me (the roommate). When we're talking and one of us laughs, very often the Ekkie will start laughing too. And sometimes when he's chatting, he'll just randomly decide to laugh.

One thing he is obsessed about is eyeglasses. He'll often reach out to chomp down on the stem of my roommate's glasses. And she'll say "No, no, no!" or "Stop it!" Well, guess what? He says that now! What's even funnier is that we sometimes laugh when he shouts "Stop it" perfectly timed to something one of us has said... so at times he'll shout "Stop it! Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!" Of course, we bust out laughing too. 😂

oliver_is_the_best_birb

Jan 14, 2022
Media
Parrots
Oliver: Green Cheek Conure
For me it'd be my budgie, Twitch, running around on the bottom of the cage to get his favorite piece of paper, then try to climb back up to the perch (we bought him from the pet store and his wings were clipped back then but they grew back so he's used to climbing, but he is learning to fly (finally!)) and when he gets to the perch, he drops the piece of paper, all that but it's looped for 10 minutes until he gives up lol

My birds have done tons of things but if I listed them all they would be huge xD
Sad. Very sad.

So, I keep my seeds in a baggy on my shelf and a few weeks ago Olly flew onto the shelf and tried to eat the seeds through the clear plastic baggy! He thought he could get the seeds- so he got frustrated and pushed the bag off the shelf (which was open!) and it spilled all over my CARPET!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is an oldie but it makes me laugh every time.
I love how Talli laughs when he has really enjoyed a bath..

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Norrie often tries to imitate certain “people actions”.

View attachment 35926
My Lucy was convinced she should be able to drink through a straw and she tried and tried and tried. Sometimes I would feel bad for her and turn the straw around so she got some liquid from the formerly submerged end.

She was also obsessed with tooth brushing. Very funny to see her chomping diligently while I brushed!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My Lucy was convinced she should be able to drink through a straw and she tried and tried and tried. Sometimes I would feel bad for her and turn the straw around so she got some liquid from the formerly submerged end.

She was also obsessed with tooth brushing. Very funny to see her chomping diligently while I brushed!
She would also stagger around in the bottom of her cage, laughing hard, for a long time. Then she would wheeze like she was out of breath and do it again.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Ok, there is smth Pascal does so often, but it melts me every time. Even puts my partner's masculinity to question.

He loves being held and snuggled up in our hand, and then in one moment he pulls out his foot to scratch his head, and then just leave the foot out there.... and then sloooowly curls it up. Gets me every time.

1645440305990.png

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I think so - other parrots don't have to be trained neither. But I thought that all small parrots don't do it... but I was wrong ;)
I mean, but what is considered as a small parrot 🤔

I mean those chonky tiels for sure don't use their feet but my teeny tiny conure does!

Parrots are so mysterious I love them

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I mean, but what is considered as a small parrot 🤔

I mean those chonky tiels for sure don't use their feet but my teeny tiny conure does!

Parrots are so mysterious I love them
for me small parrots are up to 20 cm but I know people use so different versions - some say that 'tiels are small, others medium (I grew up with the medium version)

Most Reactions

Latest posts