where do you buy millet/which brand do you like the best?

Sarvesh

Aug 9, 2015
i bought some millet from my local feed store but i hate that place because the pellets i bought from them were almost a year old! and i checked expiration date on lot of their products, and its bad!

if i go to walmart they only have kaytee purple grape flavored millet, which i would assume may not be good.

otherwise i have to drive 45 minutes to the closest petsmart for their 'all things living' millet.

is there a particular brand of millet you can recommend that i can order online?

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
I have had good luck with the Drs. Foster and Smith millet but the last time I placed an order with them it took 8 days to get here, so now I'm trying the Amazon millet (World's Freshest has good reviews). I guess Amazon has spoiled me to 2-day delivery (we have Prime) and I can order pet supplies as I need them instead of needing a big order to get free shipping.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I get mine from petsmart, since it's close by (I also used to work there) but I order online for loose millet that I cook with too.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Our walmart here have other plain millet spray. Perhaps try a different walmart location to see what they have?

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
I get mine from dr fosters as well, though the last bunch I got wasn't quite as nice as normal. I've thought about getting it through amazon just cause I like ordering stuff there.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I do buy the sprays on occasion, but if you're looking for regular hulled millet, this is what I add to my birdy food mix.

https://nuts.com/cookingbaking/grains/millet/premium.html

They have a lot of other grains for cheap, and they're good quality. Also organic versions available.

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
Since i live in Australia my situation will be different but often i buy my cockatiel millet spray from a petshop called best friends (franchise actually) and theirs is unbranded but very high quality (so even if it is unbranded it will most likely be fine). If you can't find any in a local pet shop i would recommend that you search online. here is a link that may or may not be helpful AVIONE BIRD PANICUM MILLET SPRAY 200G - My Pet Warehouse. Anyway i hope that you find some good healthy stuff soon, as every parrot I've ever met loved it. :D

OP
S

Sarvesh

Aug 9, 2015
I am a huge fan of amazon, is this kaytee millet good? I hear some pretty bad things about kaytee, but this one says its just natural millet.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kaytee-Spray-Millet-Birds-12-Count/dp/B000VOE3QW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441543013&sr=8-1&keywords=spray+millet"]Amazon.com : Kaytee Spray Millet for Birds, 12-Count : Pet Food : Pet Supplies[/ame]

otherwise I really did like the "all things living" brand from petsmart, it seemed real nice and moist and I'm not a bird, but I felt like it was a pretty high quality millet.

Most Reactions