Who's ready for baby horse pictures?

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
:blue1:It was getting dark so they kind of suck but it was a gorgeous night...

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
The little buggers grow so fast it's scary!!!
And Joshua (the oldest one) is always bravely checking out his surroundings...

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Joshua, what a cute name for a horse :). How old are they when they reach full size and weight?

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Thoroughbred race horses typically can grow til they're 5. But their growth plates in their knees close at age 2. Their stifles close a little later (the back leg where it joins to their tummy).
Some other breeds mature slower and their growth plates stay open longer.

Usually by age 3 my thoroughbreds are approximately as big as they'll end up. Sometimes they sprout again at age 4.
As an example sis (the one that was born most recently) her brother who is a year old stands 14.1 right now, (4 inches to a hand) and I expect him to mature at 16.1 or so.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Interesting, thanks! So a hand is only 4 inches? That's an awfully small hand.. Lol.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
That's going to be a nice horse when it grows up, and they grow fast too.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
The hand is meant to be measured across your hand like thumb to little finger but across your palm... (So those joints)... If that makes sense.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
GASP! Oh my they look FABULOUS, both of them, Joshua and Sissy! :D Is Joshua still full of p... and vinegar and running around bucking? LOL What about Sissy, what is her temperament like?

Thank you so much for the update! I loved seeing them all again. :)

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Beautiful! They look so full of personality!

You are 100% correct! They are.

Wendy, Joshua and sissy are full of spunk and always causing trouble but they sleep like little babies all day :)

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Horses are such magnificent creatures! Love them! Thanks for sharing!

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
Many moons ago I used to ride and show horses. My parents had a stable. I've owned quarter horses, an Appaloosa, Arabian, a POA pony, a Shetland pony, saddlebred etc I started out English riding, jumping and went to gaming.

It's been so long since I've been on a horse that I probably wouldn't even know how to ride anymore lol shameful

Beautiful photos!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Thank you or sharing! Im so glad are healthy! And they are very cute :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thank you for sharing photos of your beautiful hoses. Such pretty babies!

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
You never forget how to ride... The muscles always remember... Your nerves may not be the same though lol.

And you're welcome... I'm so very proud of them since last year was such a horrible breeding year...it's so expensive To get these suckers on the ground... I happen to love their moms and believe in their ability to pass on their greatness. I wonder if I can find one of rivers races on YouTube.... You might see why... Hmm.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Woo hoo!! I just gave myself chills watching this. It was her last win (2nd to last before getting hurt)...
It's only a 4 horse race because at this point nobody would race against her... They were tired of running for 2nd money so most people avoided her race...

[ame="http://youtu.be/gRA8I8jvIKw"]Pimlico 04-19-2012 Race 8 - YouTube[/ame]

But enjoy! (And see why I'm so proud of Joshua!!!!)

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Oooooo this race is the 3rd win in a row for her (maybe 4th) but... The mare she beats named call of a lion had won like 9 in a row until river beats her... This was the beginning of nobody wanting to run against her.

Ok I'm done reminiscing...

[ame="http://youtu.be/ZIarxYwZW0I"]Laurel Park 2-25-2012 Race 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions

Latest posts