Itshashimkhan_

May 29, 2023
Parrots
Alexandrine parrot
Hi, I got a baby Alexandrine parrot almost 11 days ago now it's about 35 days old... It's my first ever parrot. for some reason it is rejecting the hand feed. I don't know why. The formula breeder told me to give my parrot just didn't ate it he vomited all of it so I got something else for it the very next day of getting it and he's been eating it but it wasn't so easy to feed him but now he is not even opening his mouth for some reason. I don't know what to do please help me. I'm feeding him the best hand feed formula available in my town and I'm feeding him 7am, 11am, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm he sometimes eat easily but sometimes he don't even wanna open his mouth while his crest his empty. Should I try changing the pipe thing at the end of the feeding syringe. Or what should I do?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi, I got a baby Alexandrine parrot almost 11 days ago now it's about 35 days old... It's my first ever parrot. for some reason it is rejecting the hand feed. I don't know why. The formula breeder told me to give my parrot just didn't ate it he vomited all of it so I got something else for it the very next day of getting it and he's been eating it but it wasn't so easy to feed him but now he is not even opening his mouth for some reason. I don't know what to do please help me. I'm feeding him the best hand feed formula available in my town and I'm feeding him 7am, 11am, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm he sometimes eat easily but sometimes he don't even wanna open his mouth while his crest his empty. Should I try changing the pipe thing at the end of the feeding syringe. Or what should I do?
Immediately take your baby bird to an avian vet. A baby bird should NOT be vomiting its formula.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
itshashimkhan, a few things - feeding with a "pipe" or tube is called gravage feeding and it puts the formula directly into the baby's crop. BUT its hard to determine that you have the correct opening in the baby's mouth (food pipe and wind pipe are side by side) and its easy to get the pipe into the wrong one, with very bad consequences as you can imagine. It is usually done by breeders who are on an assembly line type of breeding and not the best way to feed chicks. PLease offer the formula from a small spoon with the edges bent up - it will allow the chicks natural feeding motion to develop (and later his eating habits).

Also temperature is critical to feeding chicks - too hot will burn their crop and too cold the food will not digest and may be your issue with vomiting. Use a candy type thermometer to gauge temperature and dont let the formula cool off.

100°F to 108°F To help maintain the temperature of the formula throughout feeding, place the formula dish into a bowl of warm water. You may also use an eye dropper to feed the chick.

ہے اور یہ فارمولہ براہ راست بچے کی فصل میں ڈالتا ہے۔ لیکن اس بات کا تعین کرنا مشکل ہے کہ آپ کے بچے کے منہ میں صحیح سوراخ ہے (فوڈ پائپ اور ونڈ پائپ ساتھ ساتھ ہیں) اور پائپ کو غلط میں ڈالنا آسان ہے، جس کے بہت برے نتائج ہوں گے جیسا کہ آپ تصور کر سکتے ہیں۔ یہ عام طور پر ان بریڈرز کے ذریعہ کیا جاتا ہے جو اسمبلی لائن قسم کی افزائش پر ہوتے ہیں اور یہ چوزوں کو کھانا کھلانے کا بہترین طریقہ نہیں ہے۔ براہ کرم ایک چھوٹے چمچ سے فارمولہ پیش کریں جس کے کناروں کو اوپر جھکا ہوا ہے - یہ چوزوں کو قدرتی خوراک دینے کی حرکت (اور بعد میں اس کے کھانے کی عادات) کو ترقی دینے کی اجازت دے گا۔ چوزوں کو کھانا کھلانے کے لیے درجہ حرارت بھی اہم ہے - بہت زیادہ گرم ان کی فصل کو جلا دے گا اور بہت ٹھنڈا کھانا ہضم نہیں ہو گا اور آپ کو الٹی کا مسئلہ ہو سکتا ہے۔ درجہ حرارت کا اندازہ لگانے کے لیے کینڈی قسم کا تھرمامیٹر استعمال کریں اور فارمولے کو ٹھنڈا نہ ہونے دیں۔ 100°F سے 108°F تک کھانا کھلانے کے دوران فارمولے کے درجہ حرارت کو برقرار رکھنے میں مدد کے لیے، فارمولے کی ڈش کو گرم پانی کے پیالے میں رکھیں۔ آپ چوزے کو کھانا کھلانے کے لیے آئی ڈراپر بھی استعمال کر سکتے ہیں۔

Last edited:
OP
I

Itshashimkhan_

May 29, 2023
Parrots
Alexandrine parrot
Immediately take your baby bird to an avian vet. A baby bird should NOT be vomiting its formula.
He is not vomiting the formula I'm giving now but he is just not eating it he don't wanna eat for some reason

OP
I

Itshashimkhan_

May 29, 2023
Parrots
Alexandrine parrot
itshashimkhan, a few things - feeding with a "pipe" or tube is called gravage feeding and it puts the formula directly into the baby's crop. BUT its hard to determine that you have the correct opening in the baby's mouth (food pipe and wind pipe are side by side) and its easy to get the pipe into the wrong one, with very bad consequences as you can imagine. It is usually done by breeders who are on an assembly line type of breeding and not the best way to feed chicks. PLease offer the formula from a small spoon with the edges bent up - it will allow the chicks natural feeding motion to develop (and later his eating habits).

Also temperature is critical to feeding chicks - too hot will burn their crop and too cold the food will not digest and may be your issue with vomiting. Use a candy type thermometer to gauge temperature and dont let the formula cool off.

100°F to 108°F To help maintain the temperature of the formula throughout feeding, place the formula dish into a bowl of warm water. You may also use an eye dropper to feed the chick.

ہے اور یہ فارمولہ براہ راست بچے کی فصل میں ڈالتا ہے۔ لیکن اس بات کا تعین کرنا مشکل ہے کہ آپ کے بچے کے منہ میں صحیح سوراخ ہے (فوڈ پائپ اور ونڈ پائپ ساتھ ساتھ ہیں) اور پائپ کو غلط میں ڈالنا آسان ہے، جس کے بہت برے نتائج ہوں گے جیسا کہ آپ تصور کر سکتے ہیں۔ یہ عام طور پر ان بریڈرز کے ذریعہ کیا جاتا ہے جو اسمبلی لائن قسم کی افزائش پر ہوتے ہیں اور یہ چوزوں کو کھانا کھلانے کا بہترین طریقہ نہیں ہے۔ براہ کرم ایک چھوٹے چمچ سے فارمولہ پیش کریں جس کے کناروں کو اوپر جھکا ہوا ہے - یہ چوزوں کو قدرتی خوراک دینے کی حرکت (اور بعد میں اس کے کھانے کی عادات) کو ترقی دینے کی اجازت دے گا۔ چوزوں کو کھانا کھلانے کے لیے درجہ حرارت بھی اہم ہے - بہت زیادہ گرم ان کی فصل کو جلا دے گا اور بہت ٹھنڈا کھانا ہضم نہیں ہو گا اور آپ کو الٹی کا مسئلہ ہو سکتا ہے۔ درجہ حرارت کا اندازہ لگانے کے لیے کینڈی قسم کا تھرمامیٹر استعمال کریں اور فارمولے کو ٹھنڈا نہ ہونے دیں۔ 100°F سے 108°F تک کھانا کھلانے کے دوران فارمولے کے درجہ حرارت کو برقرار رکھنے میں مدد کے لیے، فارمولے کی ڈش کو گرم پانی کے پیالے میں رکھیں۔ آپ چوزے کو کھانا کھلانے کے لیے آئی ڈراپر بھی استعمال کر سکتے ہیں۔
Yess I do maintain the temperature and all that but he don't want the formula through a spoon he just runs away whenever he sees it. Maybe ig there's some issue with the taste of formula he don't like the taste ig but I'm not so sure

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yess I do maintain the temperature and all that but he don't want the formula through a spoon he just runs away whenever he sees it. Maybe ig there's some issue with the taste of formula he don't like the taste ig but I'm not so sure
Is there some reason why you aren't taking the baby to an avian vet?
Is the baby eating anything on its own?

OP
I

Itshashimkhan_

May 29, 2023
Parrots
Alexandrine parrot
Is there some reason why you aren't taking the baby to an avian vet?
Is the baby eating anything on its own?
There is no avian vet in my area. Yes he's eating some corns but not enough I'm trying to get him to eat other things as well like vegetables and fruits but he's just not eating anything right now. A friend of mine suggested to make the feeding formula just a little sweet and try I tried it and so far he's been eating it nicely ig it was just the taste.

Most Reactions

Latest posts