Wing question

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
My conure was flying in my room then he landed on me and lifted one of his wings up and couldn’t put it down. He did this before. He didn’t hit anything it was so random. We have vet appointment next week so I can ask then but what do you think. He is acting normal

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There are several possible issues that tie to age and activity level. Clearly a Vet visit with an X-ray will confirm if there are any structural issues. The occasional thing has me thinking more an issue of a muscle cramp or like issue.

Let us know what your learn at the Vet visit.

OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
There are several possible issues that tie to age and activity level. Clearly a Vet visit with an X-ray will confirm if there are any structural issues. The occasional thing has me thinking more an issue of a muscle cramp or like issue.

Let us know what your learn at the Vet visit.
Ok I will do that I am just so worried I will tell my vet about the behaviour and see if they recommend it.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
What causes a muscle cramp
- Young Parrot as they are working their muscles can over do it.
- Older Parrots that have reduced they're flying, as can happen.
- Pushing a turn harder then common.
- Loss of critical wing feathers place greater strain on the muscles and they flap hard to off-set the reduced surface area.

Last edited:
OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
- Young Parrot as they are working their muscles can over do it.
- Older Parrots that have reduced they're flying, as can happen.
- Pushing a turn harding then common.
- Loss of critical wing feathers place greater strain on the muscles and they flap hard to off-set the reduced surface area.
Ok thank you so much he is only two years old. So young but he was clipped by breeder before and once after. Big mistake that will never be done again. He has two more flight feathers to grow in and then he has them all back. Thanks for the feedback.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I notice some of my birds do that, they raise up one wing like they don't wanna put it down, but it's just a feather out of place that's really uncomfortable.

OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
I notice some of my birds do that, they raise up one wing like they don't wanna put it down, but it's just a feather out of place that's really uncomfortable.
Ok thank you so much for the reply he started preening his wing when it happens and then put it down. It could have been that. We have a vet appointment so I will see then and update you guys next week!

Most Reactions

Latest posts