winnie flew into a window

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
winnie got spooked and straight into a window quite hard. she did not fall to the ground but flew to the bottom of her cage and landed on the bars.
- she does not have any visible bleeding.
- she is eating and had some fruit
- she is perching ok
- she lets me scratch her head
- she is not shaking (she was when she first hit the window)
i have put her back in her cage and closed the curtains and turned off the heater (i read that they should not have heat)
she is grinding her beak now
she is pretty quiet but is usually most of the time
is there anything i can do?
i feel like taking her to the vet will completely stress her out.
she does not seem to have the symptoms of others that have banged into a window and had head injuries.

OP
elsaandnori

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
she is back to her normal self. i do not think she has concussion. she flies fine and is eating everything which is great. i will see how she is tomorrow and decide if she needs to go to the vet

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
hi, I'd recommend that you observe her for the next 24 hours(unless if she's asleep of course), and if she gets any worse then take her to an avian vet. for now it seems like she is OK

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Highly likely Winnie is safe from serious injury. Please continue to monitor for any adverse signs, do not hesitate to contact a vet if sudden negative. Quite correct to weigh stressing her out with vet visit vs illness or accident!

Most Reactions